Asked on Jan 16, 2019

How do I attach a lid to a galvanized trashcan?

Dwp7470bKelli L. MilliganTere

• Tere

Hi Kim. Please include a pic to show us what you're referring to. Thanks

• Kelli L. Milligan

It should just push on. Line up and Push harder.

• Dwp7470b

Most garbage Collectors find this a Nuisance so your attempts will be in Vain if you use Clothesline. So unless you get a City Approved Chain that Attaches to the Grip on the Lid and either of the two handles on the side, really your efforts are a waste. I found this to be so: when the Garbage Collectors find it a Nuisance and ask you to remove it (or worst refuse to pick up trash in that container until you comply that nonlisted but common city ordinance).

Myself having suffered losses of no fewer than 3 Lids offer my Best Advice: your galvanized lid is best fastened to your Home as a Guide to the Limits of how far the Trashcan can-can dance can go.

I suggest this as: My Galvanized Trashcan has a Real Tendency to walk 3 meters a week.

The lids? Well, I surmise these Became the Honorary Frisbees for Teenage Olympic Wannabes in Town.

I have seriously considered Concrete Rings to keep the can from 'accidentally rolling around' as an addition to the .3 meter high Gardening Curb that by June 2019 obstructs all ability to open a car door but doesn't violate any Public Sidewalk Use Ordinances plus totally prevents Trespass, Moronic Lawsuits, Mud, extra Snow, Littering, tramping snow into Ice and also reduces the occurence of Weeds on my 35 feet long Sidewalk...

Good Luck with your Galvanized Lid Combats...

Let we the homeowners know of any resolve you might devise...

It is sorta like the How to hide an Ugly Electric Meter problem...

Except a Shed without Doors, we ain't yet found resolve.

Maybe attach the lid permanently to the Can with Bolts, nuts and a Hinge? Or just Construct a 28 inch Tall and 60 inch wide Mini Dumpster out of Wood?