Sue
Sue
  • Olathe, KS
Asked on Jan 16, 2019

How do I choose a backsplash that won’t distract from granite counte

VimarhonorMarcia Brown Boyd

Beautiful granite countertops and looking for backsplash ideas that won’t distract away from granite

• Marcia Brown Boyd

I have mirrors for my backsplash and love the openness it creates!

• Vimarhonor

Hello A plain subway tile would be my suggestion.

• Vimarhonor

Either would work with white cabinent colors. White tile might be the safest most common and expected choice. I would suggest buying one tile in each color bring it home and evaluate in your actual lighting beside your cabinetry and granite.

We used a lt beige paint once that had unexpected and unwelcomed peachy undertones in a 2 story foyer lighting situation. The lighting seemed to change the color that we chose in the paint chip.

Whites can have a blue or gray undertone.

Alternatively consider a look around Pinterest or Houzz for visuals that might help you see the combination in a broader scale that’s most pleasing to you.

Beautiful granite similar to my SILs, they used a multicolored smaller square tile and tin ceiling cooktop backsplash -a lot going on but thats their style.