Asked on Jan 17, 2019

How do I cover my living room windows?

OlivaKcLandsharkinnc
+3

i just put in a wood burning stove in place of an inefficient fireplace and fire code says curtains, blinds or anything flammable must be 36” away from stove. It’s in the living room where there would be no privacy at all with the windows less than 24” away and the other side has French doors 24” away. How do I get any privacy.

Plantation shutters on the windows. Close or open them. Shutters are adjustable to let light in. Maybe that is why the fireplace was there. You could have had it updated for energy efficiency.

• Can you post a photo?

• Nancy Turner

You could put film on the windows for privacy.

• Landsharkinnc

use a frosted peel/stick on the glass

• Kc

Do a web search for fire retardant window fashions. Lots of commerial properties are required to use these kinds of products. Get the specs on a few samples and take to your city or county building dept....just to make sure they're on board with your choices.

• Oliva

Hopefully your door and window frames will withstand the heat levels emitted by your wood burner. I'd be leery of using it, unless you are in close proximity.