Asked on Jan 17, 2019

How do I paint fake doors and drawers on a flat piece of board?

Kelli L. MilliganJoan

I have a home made Murphy bed and the piece that goes up against the wall needs to be hummm fixed up to look pretty. I saw these fake drawers and doors painted on on but not exactly sure where or how to do it any hints thanks

• Joan

there are now wall papers out made out of canvass that look like raised wood, all sorts of stuff...if you visit an upscale paint store you could get a few ideas...they are peel and stick...on a tv show the designer glued the wallpaper to a piece of foam board and hung it on the wall...it looked beautiful and easy to change out...besides being as light as a feather...

• Kelli L. Milligan

If you aren't goid at drawing and shading you can use wallpaper that is a mural like a window. Or apply a canvas art piece removed from stretcher and apply like wallpaper and use thin trim to look like a painting on wall.