Asked on Jan 18, 2019

How to get rid of roaches?

Kathy Gunter LawKelly Denoyer RussellGayemarie
+1

A tree trimmer is using the lot next to our property as a dumping ground and roaches are coming in any ideals how to stop them from moving in

• Shedog

Diatomaceous earth is the solution. Spread it around the perimeter of your house, and also in the cracks and hidden areas inside of your home. It is a white powder that will kill the roaches but do no harm to your pets and wildlife. I use it in my chicken house to keep out roaches and mites.

• Gayemarie

Buy some inexpensive Boraic Acid Powder...it is sold at your local dollar store, or hardware....just sprinkle it around each room along the baseboards and sweep it into crevices , in corners and door jams...or any cracks that bugs run to hide, the powder sticks to their feet and shell, and they carry it to the nest... This acid powder weakens and penetrates the exoskeleton of bugs and they can't thrive ,it dries them up and kills them ... put it behind the frig and under appliances, under the sink etc; on top of cabinets,or wherever you see them... it gets rid of ants too... not too toxic , but still be careful to limit exposure to kids , pets and yourself...any substance can be harmful if not used responsibly.... this powder works, I live in a city housing project... This worked to keep roaches away, also do not collect paper bags or newspaper , roaches love paper too......good luck...

• Kelly Denoyer Russell

First I’d ask him to stop or burn his trash immediately upon dumping. If not....Turn him in to the county. Report him to the powers that be. Pest control, granules around the perimeter of your home to prevent them from even entering. Treatment for existing that have gotten inside already.

• Kathy Gunter Law

Diatomaceous Earth is a great solution and you can use it inside & out. Check for the version that is safe for consumption if you have small children or pets. The only down side is you have to leave it out and it looks like you've spilled flour around. It is still effective even if it gets wet, as long as it doesn't wash away. We have it all over our farmhouse and it has gotten rid of roaches & spiders.

You can also add sonic repellants but research to make sure you get one that works well. I bought a set last year that are great but I sadly can't remember where I got them and they have no markings.