Quick Fix for Mismatched Frames

$10

I came across some rather large mirrors for the bargain price of $7.50 each. The finish was a generic metal color and I was using in a room where I needed them to be black in order to blend well with other decor. I also had a frame in the kitchen with a bright gold trim band around the frame, I wanted to soften it so that didn’t clash so much with brushed nickel that was elsewhere in the room.

quick fix for mismatched frames

I wanted to use the pieces so I decided to cover them with a metallic black wax.

quick fix for mismatched frames

I mixed 1 part clear wax with 1 part metallic black paint. I stirred it well and began application using a chip brush.

quick fix for mismatched frames

I applied one coat to both the mirrors and picture and let dry.

quick fix for mismatched frames

I applied a second coat of the mixed wax, then followed with a coat of clear wax. I am much happier with how they blend with my other decor now. Was an easy, inexpensive fix for my problem.

quick fix for mismatched frames

Could easily be sanded off and redone and done for an update or use in another room.

quick fix for mismatched frames