Hanging Kitchen Herb Garden

This beautiful hanging garden is our solution to for an indoor herb garden.
I love our house and we get GREAT sunlight in the windows, but there is no counter space reasonable for an herb garden, where they would get enough sun. Also, who wants to give up counter space?
To create the hanging garden:
9 aluminum painters buckets (water proof / no leaks)
3 curtain rods
vinyl / silhouette
rocks, soil and plants
18 S hooks
First I labeled the pots with my vinyl lettering, then added rocks to the bottom for drainage and planted my herbs. After installing the 3 curtain rods over the window, I hung each pot using 2 S hooks. Doubling up on the S hooks helps ensure the buckets will not fall off if they swing around a bit.
his was a REALLY easy project to do. It is also easy keeping the plants alive, indoors and away from bugs, where I see them everyday and are reminded to water them :-)
Be sure to check out the blog post for more about this project and where to get the supplies.
Kristy Lingebach

Questions on this post

Your question...
3 of 4 questions

Comments

2 of 52 comments
  • Donna Fick Donna Fick on Feb 06, 2021

Most definitely. I hate curtains, just dust catchers, so this would be perfect in certain rooms other than the kitchen.

• Lori Tessiero Semkiw Lori Tessiero Semkiw on Mar 14, 2021

I am definitely doing this in my summer Kitchen window! Thanks

Next