Simple Steps to Create a Pretty Pink Patchwork Decoupage Planter Pot

$4

I wanted to create an easy textured piece to compliment a newly decorated pink room and I just love houseplants. So decided to decoupage with fabric squares to revive an old plant pot .

Pretty Pink Patchwork Decoupaged Plant Pot

Firstly decide on your pot to cover and then the colors and patterns of your fabric that you feel blend well together. I chose mixture of floral, lines dots and gingham thin cotton fabric. I used a pack of 100 cotton bundle of 15 cm x 15 cm pre cut for sewing patchwork.

Cut fabric into same size squares

Using a foam sponge applicator I smear Mod Podge onto the plant pot working from the bottom upwards. I place the fabric on its side to create a diamond shape with the squares as I feel it looks preferable to just rows of squares, but it is a personal choice.

Using Mod Podge to stick fabric onto pot

Continue by also sealing each piece of fabric over the top to secure in place. This helps to coat it with protective layer and harden surface making it more durable.

Make sure there are no gaps in between fabric and the overlap is as minimal though as you can get it to prevent too many lumps or ridges.

Coat the top of fabric with Pod Podge to seal

Continue around the pot choosing patterns and colors to stick on that create a vibrant mix of tones and patterns making sure no two pieces are next to each other that are same.

continue around the pot

Along the rim i took the fabric and folded it over the edge in to the inside and also ran a layer of paint inside so it continued the pink theme inside not all the way but as much as would be showing .

I am so delighted with the final result

simple DIY Patchwork Decoupage plant pot

3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself

To see more: http://www.amazon.co.uk/handmade/Susan-Goode-Designs

• Hope
    Hope

Hi Susan...

I really think the pot turned out cute! I also LOVE that cute little plant!! Can you tell me what it is..?

Have a great day! : )

• Susan Goode
      Susan Goode

Pilea peperomioides

Chinese money plant or pancake plant I know it as also.

• Noni
    Noni

If sealed with a few coats of polyurethane, would it be ok outside?

• Kat Rogers
      Kat Rogers

Yes, I believe it would be protected from the elements, but I'm not certain about the fabric fading from the sun.

It's so cute, I'd try it anyway, and maybe get a coating that says it does protect against sun fading.

• Cindy Coats
    Cindy Coats

Very cute. I'm going to do this with my 3y old granddaughter. Thanks for the idea.