DIY Tire into an Ottoman

Almost 2 1/2 years ago I saw a tutorial on how to make an ottoman from an old tire. I am attracted to things made with natural materials, so this ottoman was a “must-make” for me. Today, I have no clue where the tutorial is but I do know that it required using a circular board to cap off the top of the tire. I don’t have a saw therefore using that method for this project wouldn’t work for me.
Old Tire
Sisal Rope (400ft)
Contact Cement
Hammer & Nails
Nylon Rope
Glue Gun
I used nails and contact cement to secure the rope to the tire as a starting point. I applied the contact cement directly to the tire with a paint brush and began wrapping the rope around the tire.
I paused wrapping once I was close the top of the tire.
I thought about the time I visited the plant where Norwalk Furniture Co makes it’s furniture. This was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. I was completely amazed by their operations and furniture production. At that time, they offered a 8-way Hand-tied coil system that looks something like this…
After some brainstorming, I thought maybe I could top it off with a webbing similar to the 8-way Hand Tied method. I used nylon rope and did the same thing as before with securing the rope. I nailed it to the tire and applied contact cement for extra reinforcement. I used my glue gun to help keep the rope attached to itself since it hardens fast, and then I went back over it with a coat of contact cement.
Guys I have to tell you this project takes a little time and patience but it was well worth it!!
With a couple of glasses of Stella Rosa and some Smooth Jazz… I made It
We love it and enjoy nice days out on the patio watching the golfers and enjoying the breeze with our feet up!!
Repurpose, Recycle, Reuse

TheDIYShow.com

• Joanne

The sisal rope looks nice and thick, what gauge is it? I was looking on Amazon for rope like this and it all looks too thin, where did you get it? Really really nice repurpose