Junk Yard Step Chair Redo

$11

My old Dodge pickup is rusting. Trying to restore the rusting parts piece by piece, hoping to keep it in good condition, my handy husband went to his favorite salvage yard in search of a fender. He called me when he found one and said, "I've got a fender and there is an old kitchen step stool seat thing here that is getting thrown out. It's really rough. Is it something you are interested in trying to fix up?" I said "YES! Please and thank you!"
Rough, but having potential, I intended to redo the step chair in industrial style for the workshop. I envisioned chrome legs and steel diamond plated steps, seat and backrest. That was... until I saw this this industrial stool.
Appeared discouraging at first.
Leather and rustic metal. I love it. Old world marries the new world. Intriguingly attractive to me.
I changed my "diamond plate mind".
A woman's "right" thing to do. So I set myself up to replicate my inspirational piece idea.
I used this $3.99 "pleather" skirt from a thrift shop for upholstery.
Cleaned and sanded the step chair.
Painted and distressed it.
Added some raw elements of a worn leather belt.
So now, hubby and I have a workbench chair. An awesome old one. Great step up type to use for those higher shelves that I used to use a crate box to get to.

15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
Everything Red For Canada Day
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
Robin @ Redo It Yourself Inspirations

• Katie
    Katie

Awesome find…very cool!!

• Pamela Holiday
    Pamela Holiday

I have a similar old chair. Please show me all of the material used to create this amazing chair, come back to style.