How to Decorate Bowls With Permanent Markers and Alcohol

$5

Decorating bowls with permanent markers is super fun. Look how easy you can achieve a marble effect in your bowls by just using a black Sharpie and alcohol. You can also mix colors and achieve other effects that look very nice.

how to decorate bowls with permanent markers and alcohol

Use the permanent markers and draw on the bowl with the colors you want to make your design.

Then fill the syringe with alcohol and start pouring on the colors. Drop the alcohol on the colors and they will be mixed together and creating a very cute abstract design.

Another design that you can achieve is using only two colors like this one that I show you here when I used Pink and Yellow. Then pour alcohol on the colors and done!

You don't have to be an artist, just make irregular strokes and then with the napkin and a little alcohol you are tapping it so that the color is falling apart and in this way you are creating your design. They will never be exact, but similar.

This is my favorite !!! The marble carrara effect is achieved using a black permanent marker and alcohol. You do the same thing, you draw anything and then with the napkin moistened with the alcohol you tap until you achieve your design. After it has dried it is time to apply a sealer. You can use the Mod Podge that comes precisely to apply in pieces that you can then put in the dishwasher. If you use the Mod Podge, you must have on mind that you don't go through the same place several times because this will ruin your work. Another sealer that you can also use is the Krylon Clear.

If you want to see the video of this tutorial click HERE

DIY Tutoriales y mucho más

• Lynn Artesona

Once dry can’t you bake in oven for 30 minutes to make them permanent and food safe?

• Paula

Yes I think you can. Make sure the alcohol is dry. I put them in my oven at night. Bring them up to temp 250 degrees. Bake for 30 minutes, turn off your oven and let cool in the oven over night. This lessons the chance the bowls would break. I hope this is helpful.

• Sue

I love this. How would you do this evenly on a flat plate?

• Sue

How day you do this evenly on a flat plate?

• Jo Wemmer

You might try moving and rotating the plate around. I am considering using a straw to blow it around.

• Susie

The bowls in the first few pics, those colors would be pretty for Easter, spring or summer! Love the easy idea! Thanks for sharing!!

• Hedi Forster

I m going to try it on clear glass. Black, red and purple markers. I can hardly wait.