How to Decorate Bowls With Permanent Markers and Alcohol

$5

Decorating bowls with permanent markers is super fun. Look how easy you can achieve a marble effect in your bowls by just using a black Sharpie and alcohol. You can also mix colors and achieve other effects that look very nice.

Use the permanent markers and draw on the bowl with the colors you want to make your design.

Then fill the syringe with alcohol and start pouring on the colors. Drop the alcohol on the colors and they will be mixed together and creating a very cute abstract design.

Another design that you can achieve is using only two colors like this one that I show you here when I used Pink and Yellow. Then pour alcohol on the colors and done!

You don't have to be an artist, just make irregular strokes and then with the napkin and a little alcohol you are tapping it so that the color is falling apart and in this way you are creating your design. They will never be exact, but similar.

This is my favorite !!! The marble carrara effect is achieved using a black permanent marker and alcohol. You do the same thing, you draw anything and then with the napkin moistened with the alcohol you tap until you achieve your design. After it has dried it is time to apply a sealer. You can use the Mod Podge that comes precisely to apply in pieces that you can then put in the dishwasher. If you use the Mod Podge, you must have on mind that you don't go through the same place several times because this will ruin your work. Another sealer that you can also use is the Krylon Clear.

If you want to see the video of this tutorial click HERE

DIY Tutoriales y mucho más

• Cathy

I’m thinking of using white tile in my bathroom then ink it?

• Cheri

Are the bowls dishwasher safe and retain the end result permanently?

• Lissia Burkee Baun

I did something like this but when I put the

Mod podge on to seal it it smudges my art work....,,,why?

• Theresia Sinnett Shearer

Just guessing - perhaps the finish had to cure for a few days. I wonder if it could be helped along with low heat in the oven.

Chime in expert crafters!

• Dianne

Simple, creative & inexpensive is my kind of craft! The color blends are endless, love your idea! Thanks for sharing😊👍🏼

• Annette

This is a great christmas gift idea love how these turned out super adorable. Thank you for sharing got to try these for myself first! Hope you don't mind if I share this with one of my sisters and my daughter?