DIY Farmhouse Wreath With a Rustic Wood Backing

I have been eyeing those beautiful plush green farmhouse wreaths for quite a while but have not liked the prices they charge for one, so, me being me, of course I made my own! Here’s my DIY Farmhouse Wreath I made out of a faux eucalyptus garland along with a rustic wood backing to give it a little more farmhouse fun! And it looks perfect hanging up on my DIY Weathered White plank wall that I put up over the summer!

Here are the abbreviated instructions for how I made my wreath and the wood backing, for a full tutorial, please visit my blog post, which is linked at the bottom of this post.

To make the wreath, you'll need a grapevine wreath form, a faux eucalyptus garland, and some floral or craft wire.

Begin by using floral wire to attach one end of the garland to the wreath form.

Continue wrapping the garland around the wreath form, using the floral wire to attach the garland as you go. Keep going until the entire wreath form is covered and you have attached the entire length of the garland.

I didn't like all the "stragglers" hanging off the wreath, so I used hot glue to bring those under control.

Next, I built the backing for the wreath. I cut the two 1x10 boards to length and attached with pocket hole screws and wood glue.

I then cut the 1x4 boards to frame the middle section and attached those with wood glue and pocket hole screws.

Lastly, I sanded and stained the back board, attached the wreath and hung in my living room.

• Pine boards  (Home Depot)
  • Faux Eucalyptus Garl

Pinspired to DIY

1 comment
  • Kim

So rustic looking and I love it on the white weathered plank wall!! I will definitely be trying this one. Thanks for sharing!