Cindy Richter
Cindy Richter
  • Lewisville, TX

10 Minute Wall Art Project!

$5

I needed something a bit large and found this vintage looking poster. Since the poster only cost $1.50 I couldn't justify having it framed so I came up with something much easier and cost effective. I love how it turned out and when I get tired of this poster, I can add anything else I want to it for an entirely different look.

10 minute wall art project

I found this frame at a thrift store for $1.00. It was gold so I simply spray painted it white to work with my style of home decor. I think the white makes the poster stand out a bit more too.

10 minute wall art project

Besides the frame, all you need is a staple gun with staples, twine or jute string, small clothes pins and a poster of pictures. Easy peasy lemon squeezey!

10 minute wall art project

Measure out how wide the frame is and add a couple of inches to that before cutting the twine. I double stapled to hold it a bit better but honestly, it's not going to be holding anything that heavy so one staple per side will do.

10 minute wall art project

I think after it's all said and done, this 10 minute wall art project was well worth the time and money spent. I'm already thinking of other things to hang on it when I get tired of this. Maybe a calendar, family photo's, or Christmas cards. Ooh, what about herbs or lavender or how cute wouldl this be to dry flowers on? Love it!

Check out the full post on http://www.countyroad407.com/10-minute-wall-art-project/

Cindy Richter

• Colleen Contreras

Did you put fabric behide the poster because frame is big poster is a lot smaller? I want to try this.

• Robyn Garner

Look closer - she's got fabric going to the poster itself. I think just jute and different connectors would look better personally.

• Linda Abate

Love your new display area. I can see this frame not only being used for your favorite piece of art work, child's homework, christmas cards, but how about in a country kitchen to display some of your or grandma's favorite recipes. Great job.

• Cindy Richter

I'd thought about recipe cards too! Great ideas. Thank you Linda!

• Ronbeaux

Love the poster! Does it have any identifying info such as publisher on it? I’d like to try to order one. If you do ever get tired of it, I’d like to try to make a deal on it-LOL

• Barbara Cotie
      31 minutes ago

Go to www.retroplanet.com for that poster and many more. Plus 1st time orders get 15% off!! Have fun!!