Asked on Jan 24, 2019

How do you get urine human urine smell out of clothes?

Susan DaviaGypsyVickie Ann Moritz-Sippel
+5

• Jill Ron Pike
    Jill Ron Pike

Start your washer, add a cup each baking soda and vinegar to the water, add clothes. Let them soak awhile. Before washing, add detergent and Lysol Laundry Sanitizer. Wash as usual.

• C onstance
    C onstance

If there is any remaining odor, place item in a big plastic kitchen bag with charcoal briquets in with it and tie it up for 24 hours or more as needed

• Ken Erickson
    Ken Erickson

Washing as suggested by Jill will work. However, if it was cat urine, you may have a more difficult time, but her method should work. I had a cat returning from the vet that peed onto a towel on the front seat of pickup and some got down into the carpet. Feed and seed store sold me some odor remover, but I still had to remove carpets.

• Vickie Ann Moritz-Sippel
    Vickie Ann Moritz-Sippel

Thank you all very much! I will let you know!

• Gypsy
    Gypsy

As a nurse I have used Cepacol mouth wash not only on clothes, but inside of shoes! A small amount in bath water (when I gave a bed bath I used a small splash of Cepacol, & some baby lotion in warm water....elderly patients skin is usually dry & soaps often make it worse when used often) for patients that had a urine order on their body from incontinence. It removed the smell. But distilled vinegar & baking soda good for many smells (including cigarette smoke!!!). Good luck!

• Susan Davia
    Susan Davia

any urine,human or otherwise needs a product that has enzymes that destroy the urine