Home Organization Center

$200

This year is all about organization. We see and hear it everywhere. From the new organizational items on the market to the new TV shows about organization; organization defiantly on everyone's mind this year. I was able to utilize our rather long family entrance hallway (you know, the one to the garage since we never actually use our front door) to organize several, often chaotic, tasks into one area.

We began with this as our family entrance hallway. As you can see, backpacks, purses, coats, shoes, etc found their way here.

Before you begin, decide how much space you have and what issues you would like for your Home Organization Center to solve. You can see the Six Steps I used to determine what would be needed for a command center to work for my family here.

I decided to use this long hallway and split in into two distinct areas.

For the planning side of the hallway I added a Weekly Family Menu board, a Weekly Family Calendar, a grocery list, and a monthly Mom's calendar.

For the organizing side of the planning center I began with bins, bins, and more bins. I added bins for sorting mail, bins for keeping gift cards in one spot, a bin for my husbands glasses, hooks for keys, and bins for the many random items I find on my kitchen counters. For more on this side of the planning/organizing center please see the full article at the link above.

Here's an after shot of the same hallway that was shown in the before picture. I did add one more feature after this photo was taken. My son's school decided to issue all of the students Chromebook and he needed a charging station for his. Since this area is where he puts his shoes on each morning it made perfect sense to have his charging station here as well.

More photos, tips, and an up close look at his charging station can be found on the full article here.

25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
15 Memorial Day Crafts
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
Sondra