Quick and Easy Bathroom Makeover

My home is 105 years old and we have only lived in it for five of those years. There have been a lot of interesting renovations done in the years prior to our moving here and we are constantly working to put our own styles and preferences into it.
This upstairs bathroom has been a source of constant frustration and I feel like I am always trying to make it better! This is the third (and hopefully final--for a while) update we've made.
A couple years ago we replaced the linoleum and the baseboards, but you might be able to tell that I accidentally touched up the white paint on the wall with the wrong color of white. That has been bugging me for nearly two years and it was time to paint over it!
I painted all the walls a lovely shade of very light grey. (Sherwin Williams Ice cube.) Then I used the Frog Brand Shape Tape to do a focal point wall in chevron. I LOVE how this turned out! It makes me so happy to go into that bathroom now!
We had also replaced the vanity when we replaced the linoleum, but we have had nothing but trouble with the toilet paper holder. Because of its position directly across from the toilet, it is constantly being pulled out of the wall. I realized that as long as I have children living here and using this bathroom, it was hopeless to have a toilet paper holder mounted on the wall.
I don't know why I didn't think of it before, but I bought a free-standing toilet paper holder and patched up the wall where the other one had been. It isn't a perfect patch job, but it is a huge improvement.

Lara

• VIC Roux

Doesnt the toilet roll holder fall over every time you rip a sheet off ( with the free standing holder)?

• Andrea Townley-Tapley

Use a Laval and make marks on the wall to make the tape strips syraight. If you've one of those chalk line things it's easier. Hope that helps.

• Ejf21157930

what did you use to separate the white and gray colors when painting? Would making tape w0rk?

• Debbie

Limes or lines? How did you do the loop or tulip design on wall?

• Joanie

The sign Love is All we NEED, in the bathroom??????