BENCH MAKEOVER USING A THROW BLANKET

$60

I did a Kilim Inspired Fabric Painting on this fella but that was like a year ago and knowing me and my style and how it changes way too many times I wanted to Reupholster this bench this time around just by using a throw blanket.And I had the perfect one which was soft and fluffy and had the best feel to it.Before we begin lets have a little refresher as to how it looked Before.

I use this staple gun for all small reupholstery projects.It gets the job done every time and and is easy to use as wellFirst place the throw blanket onto the bench and eyeball how much excess fabric you will have to cut off.Play around with the placement and the way you want the pattern to look on the bench.When you have the precise fabric piece start by pulling it under the bench and tucking it underneath.

Then use the staple gun to keep it in place.Do this all around.The fabric I chose is very forgiving but if you have a patterned fabric be sure to keep everything nice and centered while using the staple gun.

The last step was where I painted the legs of the bench in an Old Gold Metallic paint shade.I gave it about two coats to fully cover the brown wood color.And that was it.All Done!

Anam - Delicious And DIY

• AndradeTea

Looks great and those pillows! Thanks for sharing.

• Janice

Very inviting! And love the texture! Great fun to diy and be able to change things up whenever the mood strikes us.