Beautiful BoHo Patchwork Lampshade

$5

I just love covering things in fabric to transform and breath life into again and this plain lampshade was a quick little project to do just that!

Lovely Patchwork Lampshade
Lovely Patchwork Lampshade

I chose the fabrics that would give pattern texture and cool and warm mix of colors.

I used left over pieces of fabric along with some thin cotton squares that are made for crafts.

Plain lampshade ready to decoupage
Plain lampshade ready to decoupage

I use Mod Podge Matte sealant with a sponge applicator directly on to the lampshade surface. I started from the top and worked downwards being careful to cover the shade with no gaps with a little overlap between pieces of fabric.

Using Mod Podge to stick the fabric squares

Continue around till all covered and I put a good layer over the top of the fabric as I go rather than the end. Sometimes I found it easier to turn lampshade upside down to place fabric accurately.

Using Mod Podge over the fabric to seal firm

I decided to use a sweet little Turquoise bobble trim around the top and bottom edges to bring the piece to life!

I carefully glued into place with Mod Podge and slowly slowly pressing firmly in place as I move all the way around. This part cant be rushed!

Glue Bobble trim with Mod Podge
Glue Bobble trim with Mod Podge

I am so delighted with the result. What a transformation!

Lovely Patchwork Lampshade
Lovely Patchwork Lampshade

To see more: http://www.amazon.co.uk/handmade/Susan-Goode-Designs

• Ann marie

Did u put the mog podge on first b 4the material then after also? great job

• Pearl

I love this idea. I have some quilts pieces my Mom had when she pasted and I have being trying to think of something I could do with them. Now I know. Pearl.

• Patty
    Yesterday

This turned out a lot cuter than I thought it would. Love the mix of colors.