Sweet Floral Decoupaged Lampshade

$5

I was looking to do something with a blouse that was too good to throw and no longer fitted me. I decided to cover a lampshade with the gorgeous Flowers for a bright new look!

Charity shop lampshade
Charity shop lampshade

I began by choosing the plain lampshade that i picked up for a £1 in a charity shop! I cut up the blouse with sharp scissors into pieces that I could then trim and shape.

Cut flowers from blouse
Cut flowers from blouse

I trimmed the flowers in slightly random shapes not too perfect as want it to look natural. By leaving on some of the yellow background I think it really makes the flowers zing! but you may decide to not have your background color in the piece you make.

Use Mod Podge Matte to stick floral fabric  o
Use Mod Podge Matte to stick floral fabric o

I Continue arranging the pieces of floral fabric in a way that doesn't have two pieces the same color flower next to each other so it look even and balanced. I folded the edges over the rim inside both top and bottom and glued into place neatly.

Stick and coat with Mod Podge
Stick and coat with Mod Podge

I make sure all fabric is coated in the matte Mod Podge to increase durability and protect layer. Let it dry and Gorgeous transformation ..Hey Presto!

Sweet Floral Decoupaged Lampshade
Sweet Floral Decoupaged Lampshade

Decoupaged Floral Lampshade
Decoupaged Floral Lampshade

To see more: http://www.amazon.co.uk/handmade/Susan-Goode-Designs

• Debbie

Could a person use wall paper border for this project ?

• Cherie

What does it look like with the light on? Can you still see through the material or wallpaper?

• Cindy Bates

Beautiful! My question? Can you use watered down glue instead of mod podge? Thank you for the cute idea!

• John

Looks great! How does the mod podge hold up to the heat from the light bulb?