How to Easily Decoupage and Decorate Lampshade Into a Floral Beauty

$5

I was looking to do something with a blouse that was too good to throw and no longer fitted me. I decided to cover a lampshade with the gorgeous Flowers for a bright new look!

Charity shop lampshade

I began by choosing the plain lampshade that i picked up for a £1 in a charity shop! I cut up the blouse with sharp scissors into pieces that I could then trim and shape.

Cut flowers from blouse

I trimmed the flowers in slightly random shapes not too perfect as want it to look natural. By leaving on some of the yellow background I think it really makes the flowers zing! but you may decide to not have your background color in the piece you make.

Use Mod Podge Matte to stick floral fabric o

I Continue arranging the pieces of floral fabric in a way that doesn't have two pieces the same color flower next to each other so it look even and balanced. I folded the edges over the rim inside both top and bottom and glued into place neatly.

Stick and coat with Mod Podge

I make sure all fabric is coated in the matte Mod Podge to increase durability and protect layer. Let it dry and Gorgeous transformation ..Hey Presto!

Sweet Floral Decoupaged Lampshade

How to Decoupage and transform a Lampshade

To see more: http://www.amazon.co.uk/handmade/Susan-Goode-Designs

• John

Looks great! How does the mod podge hold up to the heat from the light bulb?

• Jacke

get led lightbulbs, no heat problem and use less electricity

• Wise

why no answer for Cheri from March 1, 2019. I'd like to know also

• Janice

I'm not seeing a question from "Cheri" on March 1, 2019. Maybe you should post the question yourself and see if you get a response.

• Christine White

I have a pleated lampshade how can I ] Sprouse it

• Delanie

I redid a pleated lampshade once. It takes time and patience, but it can be done. I used black and white gingham fabric and fabric glue for my shade, but ModPodge would work too. You have to be diligent about making sure every crease (pleat) is sufficiently covered and not stretched. I used a no-fray product on the top and bottom so I didn’t have to tuck the fabric under. Worked great! That was about 15 years ago and the lampshade still looks great!

• Lucy Marie Bernier

Great job, looks neat and looks all in one piece. Seamless looking..👍👍👍

• Fay

Absolutely beautiful idea. I will definitely use this idea. On trumpet style old shades, I have taken off the existing shade. I then used a swimming suit cover-up stretch lace. It had a heavier cotton look rather than a fine lace. I measured and slightly stretched it onto the bottom and top medal rings.Then I sewed it onto the circular rings. One of the easiest and most complimented pieces I have made.