How to Easily Decoupage and Decorate Lampshade Into a Floral Beauty

$5

I was looking to do something with a blouse that was too good to throw and no longer fitted me. I decided to cover a lampshade with the gorgeous Flowers for a bright new look!

Charity shop lampshade

I began by choosing the plain lampshade that i picked up for a £1 in a charity shop! I cut up the blouse with sharp scissors into pieces that I could then trim and shape.

Cut flowers from blouse

I trimmed the flowers in slightly random shapes not too perfect as want it to look natural. By leaving on some of the yellow background I think it really makes the flowers zing! but you may decide to not have your background color in the piece you make.

Use Mod Podge Matte to stick floral fabric o

I Continue arranging the pieces of floral fabric in a way that doesn't have two pieces the same color flower next to each other so it look even and balanced. I folded the edges over the rim inside both top and bottom and glued into place neatly.

Stick and coat with Mod Podge

I make sure all fabric is coated in the matte Mod Podge to increase durability and protect layer. Let it dry and Gorgeous transformation ..Hey Presto!

Sweet Floral Decoupaged Lampshade

How to Decoupage and transform a Lampshade

4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
3 Gorgeous & Easy Projects to Help You Decorate for Fall
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
12 Container Garden Ideas to Kick Off Spring
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!

To see more: http://www.amazon.co.uk/handmade/Susan-Goode-Designs

• Wise

why no answer for Cheri from March 1, 2019. I'd like to know also

• Janice

I'm not seeing a question from "Cheri" on March 1, 2019. Maybe you should post the question yourself and see if you get a response.

• Christine White

I have a pleated lampshade how can I ] Sprouse it

• Delanie

I redid a pleated lampshade once. It takes time and patience, but it can be done. I used black and white gingham fabric and fabric glue for my shade, but ModPodge would work too. You have to be diligent about making sure every crease (pleat) is sufficiently covered and not stretched. I used a no-fray product on the top and bottom so I didn’t have to tuck the fabric under. Worked great! That was about 15 years ago and the lampshade still looks great!

• Chandra

This is great! Love your fabric choice and this idea! I too have some cheap and pretty large lamp shades that I’ve acquired from the thrift shop for only $2 that I would like to change to match a rug I recently purchased. Instead of buying yards of fabric, I went out to purchased 4 standard pillowcases (only $4) that match exactly to my rug. I won’t need all 4 once I cut them open but was wondering if I should stitch the pillowcases onto the lampshades, should I super glue them, or should I just use the modpodge? Hmmm decisions decisions but that you for this. You have inspired me. I have all three options as material available as well. I just need the plan.

• Susan Goode

Ah that’s a great idea and I reckon the easiest option and quickest is mod podge! Let us see results!