How to Easily Decoupage and Decorate Lampshade Into a Floral Beauty

5 materials
$5

I was looking to do something with a blouse that was too good to throw and no longer fitted me. I decided to cover a lampshade with the gorgeous Flowers for a bright new look!

sweet floral decoupaged lampshade, Charity shop lampshade
Charity shop lampshade

I began by choosing the plain lampshade that i picked up for a £1 in a charity shop! I cut up the blouse with sharp scissors into pieces that I could then trim and shape.

sweet floral decoupaged lampshade, Cut flowers from blouse
Cut flowers from blouse

I trimmed the flowers in slightly random shapes not too perfect as want it to look natural. By leaving on some of the yellow background I think it really makes the flowers zing! but you may decide to not have your background color in the piece you make.

sweet floral decoupaged lampshade, Use Mod Podge Matte to stick floral fabric o
Use Mod Podge Matte to stick floral fabric o

I Continue arranging the pieces of floral fabric in a way that doesn't have two pieces the same color flower next to each other so it look even and balanced. I folded the edges over the rim inside both top and bottom and glued into place neatly.

sweet floral decoupaged lampshade, Stick and coat with Mod Podge
Stick and coat with Mod Podge

I make sure all fabric is coated in the matte Mod Podge to increase durability and protect layer. Let it dry and Gorgeous transformation ..Hey Presto!

sweet floral decoupaged lampshade, Sweet Floral Decoupaged Lampshade
Sweet Floral Decoupaged Lampshade

sweet floral decoupaged lampshade, Decoupaged Floral Lampshade
How to Decoupage and transform a Lampshade

Questions on this post

Your question...
3 of 17 questions

Comments

3 of 153 comments
Next