How to Easily Decoupage and Decorate Lampshade Into a Floral Beauty

$5

I was looking to do something with a blouse that was too good to throw and no longer fitted me. I decided to cover a lampshade with the gorgeous Flowers for a bright new look!

Charity shop lampshade

I began by choosing the plain lampshade that i picked up for a £1 in a charity shop! I cut up the blouse with sharp scissors into pieces that I could then trim and shape.

Cut flowers from blouse

I trimmed the flowers in slightly random shapes not too perfect as want it to look natural. By leaving on some of the yellow background I think it really makes the flowers zing! but you may decide to not have your background color in the piece you make.

Use Mod Podge Matte to stick floral fabric o

I Continue arranging the pieces of floral fabric in a way that doesn't have two pieces the same color flower next to each other so it look even and balanced. I folded the edges over the rim inside both top and bottom and glued into place neatly.

Stick and coat with Mod Podge

I make sure all fabric is coated in the matte Mod Podge to increase durability and protect layer. Let it dry and Gorgeous transformation ..Hey Presto!

Sweet Floral Decoupaged Lampshade

How to Decoupage and transform a Lampshade

Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try

To see more: http://www.amazon.co.uk/handmade/Susan-Goode-Designs

• Chandra

This is great! Love your fabric choice and this idea! I too have some cheap and pretty large lamp shades that I’ve acquired from the thrift shop for only $2 that I would like to change to match a rug I recently purchased. Instead of buying yards of fabric, I went out to purchased 4 standard pillowcases (only $4) that match exactly to my rug. I won’t need all 4 once I cut them open but was wondering if I should stitch the pillowcases onto the lampshades, should I super glue them, or should I just use the modpodge? Hmmm decisions decisions but that you for this. You have inspired me. I have all three options as material available as well. I just need the plan.

• Susan Goode

Ah that’s a great idea and I reckon the easiest option and quickest is mod podge! Let us see results!

• Carolyn from NH

I have been crafting for years, but for some reason Decoupage escapes me. I think it’s my patience, very nervous and give up easy. Like to start with something very simple. Any ideas?

your lampshade is right up my ally, very pretty.

• Michèle

I actually think mod podge is one of the more relaxing and gratifying crafting .

• Barb

Are you planning to paint the lamp base itself?

• Susan Goode

See my other projects as I do do a lamp base makeover with paint pens whimsical style!