Magnolia Garden Crate Tray

$12

This crate is beautiful, but I just was not willing to pay that price. I decided to just go ahead and make my own for a fraction of that price.I used wood I already had on hand, and used cloth wire mesh as the bottom- all set! Let me know what you think- the one for sale for $64 or my DIY one? Here's how I made it.

First, you need to cut the wood to size.

4 2x2” cut at 4 1/2 ins

2 1x3” cut at 24”

3 1x3” cut 16 1/4”

You'll also need some cloth wire mesh - 24”x16”

Once you have cut all your wood you’ll need a nail gun to assemble it.

Nail together with the 24” being your front and add 16” to the side. Place it behind and nail it in. You want to make sure you do not see the side boards from the front.

Next place your 2x2” in all four corners and the center and apply the center support. Use a clamp and to pull both sides in tight and nail together.

Once all the pieces are attached, apply a stain.

And then let it dry.

Last step- turn it upside down and using your stapler (I used Robi hand held one) to attach the wire cloth mesh

And it looks great!

I added a final touch by making a vinyl stencil with my Cricut.

In total it only cost me around $10-$12! Not bad!

Magnolias And mine! So if you don’t have $64 and are looking for a very close look I think this project nails it! What are your thoughts?

22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
12 Container Garden Ideas to Kick Off Spring

• Rosy
    Rosy

Isn't this made from a rabbit type wire and not chicken wire.

• Donna
    Donna

What is it? I don’t get it-

• E95656
      E95656

Its a lovely farmhouse tray. Use it for decor. Would look great with fall pumpkins .

• Patinbr
    Patinbr

Love this idea--but do you know of a way to put Fake chicken wire or something like chicken wire that is not so hard to handle(on my hands) as the chicken wire??? I am making earring holders and putting wire on Picture frames w decorations on top wire. I am asking if anyone knows of a product that is not wire but appears to be Chicken wire type look