The Only Ingredient You Need to Clean Copper

I had an old copper washtub that was my Grandma's. It was dented, scratched and had a greenish cast to it. It was not a pretty sight but to me it was beautiful!
Here is the after and when you compare it to the before (below) you'll understand why I am so pleased with the fact that this worked.
This is my Grandma's washtub in all it's glory ;)
I had tried every product on the market to clean the washtub and get it shiny again but usually my arm got tired from all the rubbing and buffing and I was never quite able to get it to shine. Until...ketchup!
This picture pretty much tells it all. I couldn't believe my results. My intention was to use the tub to hold a Christmas tree. This worked so well that I was able to do just that and now I have it in my livingroom holding magazines and books.

Mary Beth

• Momentumjanitorial

Ketchup is a nice idea for copper cleaning and one should definitely implement this idea for their cleaning. Although you can use vinegar and salt for copper cleaning but lemon is more effective. Cut a lemon in half; dip the cut end in salt and scrub the copper with it. Lemon juice and vinegar may be great for cleaning copper.

• Flo11875819

My mom had one when I was small. It was used to boil Water to rinse clothes in After the clean clothes were threaded through the wringer!