Build Your Own Storage Shelves

A lot of people use plastic bins to store their stuff, I do too. But with limited space, I had up to five bins stacked on top of each other, which is great....until I needed something out of the bin on the very bottom. I would make a huge mess unstacking bins and finding spots for them just to get to the bottom, and if I was in a time crunch? Well, the mess would be left until I could get to it later. Let me tell ya, with six kids I was always needing stuff out of the bins, and my storage room was always a mess!
One Saturday I couldn't take it anymore...I had just changed out the carpet in my storage room and so I decided to make some shelves while the room was empty. I did this project in one afternoon and spent just under $60 for supplies, and now I am in heaven! I can just grab the bin I want, when I want it, and easily put it back when I am done! Ahhh, it is the simple things in life that make us the happiest!
For a full tutorial check out my blog post!
Build three bases.
Add OSB or plywood to the top.
Since I was building these on my own I used my bins and a board to hold my first shelf to the height I wanted it at. Then I attached the 2x4 legs to the shelf.
Here I have attached the first shelf to the legs and I am getting ready to attach the second. You can see the bins and board are ready to hold the shelf while I screw it to the legs.

Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
Mindi @ MyLove2Create.com

• Earl
    Earl

Length of and quanity of screws for storage shelves?

• MelBrandle
    MelBrandle

Shelves are really good for saving on floor room. I have plenty of storage containers comprising of boxes, crates, and many others simply stacked up on top of one another. They look neat and tidy for now, but when you are about to retrieve something, it could take forever. So a shelving system is definitely necessary.
  • Earl
    Earl

Absolutel! Will start gathering supplies this week.