Children's Art Display - Farmhouse Style

$6

Using old frames, corkboard & a roll of Command tape, I created a cute place to display my kids "pitures", while adding a bit of charm to my kitchen cupboards.

children s art display farmhouse style

My kids are crafty little things. And they love to draw "pitures" everyday. Like, every.single.day. And for as much as I love all of their creativeness, I simply can't display them all. (Plus, I'm kind of a clean-freak, so there's that.) I came up with a way to display a select few in an adorable, non-permanent way.

children s art display farmhouse style

I gathered up a few old frames I had sitting in a box in my basement and found these cork tiles (pack of 4- 12x12 size) at Walmart for $6.

children s art display farmhouse style

After cutting the corkboard to fit inside the frame, I used a piece of cardboard to add a bit more stabilization to the back of the cork without adding weight. I used duct tape to secure it. Nothing fancy here, folks.

children s art display farmhouse style

Because I used frames I had on hand, some weren't the color I wanted. This one was okay black. The other 2 I decided to paint first to match my DIY cookbook shelf that you can find  here.

children s art display farmhouse style

It's kind of adorable all on its own. I think it would make a great recipe card holder or shopping list holder on your kitchen counter, too!

children s art display farmhouse style

The black frame was bigger, so I attached it to the larger cabinet.

When using the Command tape, I applied the tape on the cupboard door first using an "X" pattern. I added a strip of Command tape to the top and bottom of the frame itself as well. I let the tape set for an hour. After the hour was up, I removed the paper on the double-sided tape and pressed the frame firmly to the door for about a minute. That was it!

children s art display farmhouse style

It really is so cute! And because Command tape is removable, if I ever decide to take off the frames, I can do so easily without damage to the cupboard door.

*****

I am a mom of 8, a DIY'er, a Crafter & a Perfecter of the PB&J. I share my home, my projects and our frugal, budget-friendly fave meals on my blog www.perfectlydestressed.com as well as my IG @perfectlydestressed. I would love for you to join me!

Perfectly DeStressed

1 comment