Make Drawers Fit Any Hardware

$6

I am refinishing a dresser, nightstand and vanity for a client and she picked out specific drawer pulls for the pieces. Of course they didn't fit the current holes on any of the pieces so here is what I did....

make drawers fit any hardware

Bondo to the rescue! Bondo can he used for many things, it's always good to have some stocked in your home. Mix up a little bit, remember it dries quickly! So move fast! Spread a bit over the holes smooshing it in.

make drawers fit any hardware

Once it's dry, takes 2-4 hours, sand it smooth

make drawers fit any hardware

Then measure for your new holes. Using a pencil, mark the center of where you want the pulls to be. Then measure from the center, half of the distance of the new hardware screw holes on each side. For example, my new hardware holes were a width of 3.5 inches, so i measured 1.75 inches from the center of where I was putting my new pulls.

make drawers fit any hardware

To center them in the height of the drawers, measure and find the center of the drawer. Height divided by 2 equals center

make drawers fit any hardware

Then using a drill bit, drill the new holes.

make drawers fit any hardware
make drawers fit any hardware

When attaching the new pulls, you may need to use a washer to ensure a tight fit.

make drawers fit any hardware

Super easy project! Hardware can really transform a piece, and now you don't have to worry about all the different sizes and fitting the current holes! Hopefully this has inspired you to use those gorgeous pulls you've been dying to put on a piece that they just didn't fit before!

make drawers fit any hardware

• Sylvia

I like the design very pretty. What color is that on the drawers?

• Deer Run Revamps

It is a mix of 3 different grays and a white. All from sherwin Williams. Do not have the original containers so not sure of the names

• Bas25187908

I am doing my kitchen cabinets this drawer front looking exactly like what I have been trying to accomplish. Please provide me with details of how to paint them this way? Thank you

• Deer Run Revamps

I painted them all a medium gray. Once that dried, using a spray bottle full of water, I spritzed the drawers. Then using 2 other shades of gray and a white, I streaked each color on, wiping back as I go

• Linda

How did you cover patch to match paint

• Joanie

I love this little dresser......it is so darling. A mirror on the wall, oval, and a little chair......and you got yourself a make up table. I had one of these many moons ago. Great job on the entire dresser.

• Chubby58

I’m definitely gonna give this painting technique a try. Great job!