Kay Haynes
Kay Haynes
  • Waterford, MI

The Wizard of OZ, My Rendition of "The Tin Man"

$10.00
Advanced

I LOVE to recycle and this is what I did with my empty cans, pop bottle lids, a few heavy duty wire clothes hanger and a few other items. The cost is around $10 for the screws, Paint, funnel & wooden heart
Mr. Tin Man
Mr. Tin Man
My daughter Laurie sent me a picture of a tin man many years ago and I fell in love with it. It took a lot of engineering, but I finally got it made. I took it into my Bible study class & ended up making several more for my friends. When I get him all together I paint the entire thing with chrome spray paint, especially the plastic funnel, and then add the little red wooden heart. Now he hangs in my garden with some of my other whimsies.
Items needed
Items needed
Templates
Templates
. Since I was making several Tin Men, it was easier & faster so I made templates to ensure all the holes were in the right place.
Marking holes for feet.
Marking holes for feet.
Getting ready to make the "FEET or shoes from pop cans and Sardine cans. Marking where the screws will go.
craft tin man upcycle, crafts, gardening, repurposing upcycling
Starting the screws in the bottom of the can so they will line up with the holes in the pop cans.
Placement is right
Placement is right
Now attaching the shoe to the pop can. There are MANY more steps & I have pictures, so I could email them to who ever wants to make one of these bad boys : )
Tin Man Army
Tin Man Army
My old buddy
My old buddy

• Pat krauchune

Can you send complete instructions?

• Verna Sue

is there a pdf file that we could print off anywhere? this is just 2 darn cute

• Log3982465

Would you please email me the complete instructions for the tin man? Love it!!!

• Maureen McQueen

Hi Kay would you please email me the instructions to make this little man please. My email is missmoe7@gmail.com

• Christine Bentley

Could you please email me the photos and instructions for making your "Tin Man" please? My email address is cpbentley@hotmail.com Thank you. Christy

• Susan McAuliffe

Could you please email me the complete instructions. I love this little guy and I can picture my grandsons helping me. Thank you so much. smm1319@msn.com

• Marcia

want directions

• Marcia

I would love directions but really don't want my email posted on the site! is there any other way?

• Smc3138913

could you e-mail me the instructions please smcclos1@twcny.rr.com thanks

• Sherryn Praag

I would love the full directions for this tin man! ILOVE HIM! praagsa@hotmail.com thanks heaps :) regards Sherryn

• Msweaver61

So cute and Fanciful! Please email the instructions you refer to? msweaver61 @yahoo.com

• Jeanette Lucero

How do I get in touch with this artist.

• Jeanette Lucero

I would love one of these. Would you be willing to make one for me and ship it? I would pay you in advance so you could pay for supplies, your time and shipping. Jeanette Lucero

• Jeanette Lucero

Jeanette Lucero jbarblu@aol.com

• Milly Loewen

I love the tin man. Please could you email me the extra pictures and instructions. mbloewe@telus.net. Thank you.

• Carol

I would love to get the directions to this Tin Man.

• Jan2114025

How can we get the instructions to make this tin man

• Geraldine Chislett

I would love to try this, is there anyway you can give a step by step instructions as for the clothes hangers do you mean wire or white??

• Debra Precious

l would love to make these, any chance of getting the how, as the use of the hangers ? thanks l really love these. Debra

• Milly Loewen

I would like more detailed instructions for the Tin Man please. SEND to: mbloewe@telus.net. THank you very much. My husband is very interested in making him.

• Jeanette Lucero

Would like to purchase one. Please email me at jbarblu@aol.com

• Jane Walker

I would love to make one of "those bad boys" walkerjane17@yahoo.com Thanks, Jane

• Cathy Brown

I would like to get the directions for this. Ctb076280@Gmail.com

• Cin

I would love your instructions as well. Please send them to cinbeq@att.net. You do great work.

• Cin

Please email the directions rather than mail therefore your cost is nothing. Im also on a limited budget and have health issues and I'm not comfortable sending you cash in the mail.

• Pamela

Adorable! Could you please forward the complete instructions to pamelazilliox@gmail.com. Thanks so much!!

• Kay Haynes

There are 5 pages, so I am asking $5 in MO. I'd like to tell you a little about me. I was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer in 2013 & was operated on at that time. I am in the top 1% of survivors. It has flared up again for the 3rd time which means many more doctor & office calls & new meds, THAT is why I am charging for the instructions. Thank you & I hope you understand. Please send MO to: Kay Haynes 3880 Anoka Drive Waterford, MI 48329 248-321-9608

• Bor3465631

Soo cute please email me instructions borsiwatson@gmail.com. thanks 😊

• Kay Haynes

• Sandra

Would you please email me the detailed instructions for he adorable tin man. I am moving into a new home and I have already picked out the perfect spot for him in my yard. My email address is spforbes@icloud.com. Thank you very much. Sandy Forbes

• Kay Haynes

• Angie

My email is parrotpal123@aol.com. Could you please email me details on how to make this. My husband recently had open heart surgery and can't do much right now. This would give him something to keep busy and I get a great garden sculpture. Thank you.

• Kay Haynes

• Lois Adams

Can you sell the templet and full information

• Kay Haynes

• Samiley

Would you send me the instructions. My granddaughters would love to make one. My email is store3421@theupsstore.com

• Lou

Would it be possible to get the instruction? My email is loubazz@hotmail.com Thank you kindly and have a great day.

• Linda

Instruction would be wonderful. My husband passed away and projects like these fill time😍 lndstffrd@yahoo.com

• Mitzi

Instructions for tin man

• Diane Hernandez

I would love instructions to tin man, enchante4212@ yahoo.com

• Susan Hurst

I would love the instructions. I have seen similar ones but had no idea how to make him

• Susan Hurst

Sorry my email is srhurst1982@yahoo.com thank yo

• Bernadette White

This would be an awesome project to do with my niece and my son:) could I please have the instructions and pictures:)) you have a fabulous idea of recycling the cans

• Bernadette White

Oops forgot to give you my email: baby_q_white@yahoo.ca

• Amy

I would love to have more detailed instructions----he's soooo cool!! Email addy is: arwest213@yahoo.com. Thanks so much for your time.

• Janice

May I please have the directions to make this, he is so wonderful. I would love to do some as gifts to hang in the garden of friends. Thanks so much, you did a wonderful job! e-mail is jaed621@gmail.com

• Kimberly Smith

Could you send me the directions on how to make one . Thank you very much Kds1558@msn.com

• Debra Eastup

OMG, this has got to be the most adorable thing that I have ever seen. How do I get the complete instructions?

• Pam Emery

Awesome Idea, can I please have the instructions, e-mail: pamelae123@yahoo.com

• Mdh3141115

Me too please. mdhallard@yahoo.ca

• April

Adorable! Can't wait to make one! Please send me complete instructions! Many thanks in advance! Aprilbrgss54@gmail.com

• Harvey R Young

Could you please email the complete instructions for the tin man at harveylaura89@gmail.com. Thanks!!

• Nan4771828

I would love to have the directions for the tin man. My e-mail is nanahanking@yahoo.com Thanks, he looks darling.

• Dia2318235

I would like to have directions for the tin man, my email address is diamondee7@mail.com. Thank you, Dolores.

• Maureen Paynter

Hi could you please email me the directions for the tin man to mapaynter0355@yahoo.com. Attending a crop with the Wizard of Oz theme. Thank you

• Lugreely

could I please have the directions sent to me to. love him. lugreely@yahoo.com thank you!!

• Gary Denney

Please send me the entire instructrions at gg22east@yahoo.com Thanks

• Brendaw

please send me the full instructions @ brenda.winningham1@gmai.com. Thank you!!!!! I love the

• Milly Loewen

Milly Edmonton, Canada. We love him! Please send the complete instructions for your tin man. Thanks. My hubby has collected all the tins needed but wonder where we could get the bottle caps? Thanks so much.

• Mellen1801

I love your Tin Man please send me the entire instructions. mellen1801@hotmail.com

• Katrina Strack

This was such a cute idea, I want to make a few for my older neighbors so I can bring them a Happy Memory and a Smile in their Hearts 😊Could you please send me the complete instructions to, lovemycars73@gmail.com , Thanks so much ,kat

• Lisa

Could you please email me the instructions for making this wonderful tin man...This is something I want to do with my grandsons. Thank you. yumalisa@hotmail.com

• Diane

Could you please email me the full instructions for the tin man? Thank you so much!! besingdiane@gmail.com Diane

• Maryanne Krause

Please email me full instructions as I would love to make this! Absolutely love it..... Ingenious!! maryanne.krause@gmail.com Thank you!!!

• Milly Loewen

Did you get the full instructions emailed to you yet? I haven't received mine yet.

• Elwanna

Read the other posts. She is charging $5.00 for the instructions.

• Leslie

Did anyone get answers to their inquiries about instructions?