Gardening in Hypertufa Planters (Ohio)

15K Views
I have a small garden here in zone 6 in Ohio. I love pastel colors so that is what I have, for the most part. I also garden in small , medium, and large hypertufa troughs. I love sedums and succulents. Thanks for the invite to join in here. Hannah said the more pictures the better, so I hope I am not overdoing it.
  • gardening in hypertufa planters ohio, container gardening, flowers, gardening
This spring my Baptisia Blue False Indigo was so nice!
And I love the Echinecea Purple Coneflower, and a little Black Eyed-Susans sneak in too.
My Coreopsis, I think this one is Moonbeam, grows all over. I even have some in urns because it behaves so well.
This is one of my largest hypertufa troughs. It is four feet long and two feet wide. Huge!
These are my smallest. Yogurt containers used as a mold.
This circular hypertufa is made from a mold of an old Campfire Pit. It was a large saucer and I used it as a form. It has been wonderful as a container for sedums and alpines.
The end view of my large trough.

Suggested materials for this project:

Kim Smith

Ask a Question