Kyle
Kyle
  • Portland, OR

Simple DIY Pallet Coasters

$15

DIY torched pallet wood coasters that can be made in just a few hours with minimal materials. These coasters look great, fit the budget, and are fun to make!

simple diy pallet coasters

First, you will need a few pieces of pallet wood or similar sized scrap wood. I am using enough wood to make 6 coasters. The pallets I am using are a width of 3 1/4". Use your saw to cut each pallet piece to a length 3 1/4". Each piece you have should now resemble a square.

simple diy pallet coasters

Use a torch to char each side of each piece of wood. Make sure you torch it enough that it turns black, but isn't completely in flames.

simple diy pallet coasters
simple diy pallet coasters

Once each piece is torched, use a wire brush to brush off the burnt black part of the wood. Use a dry paint brush or cloth to wipe off any excess dust.

simple diy pallet coasters

Your pallet pieces should now look something like this:

simple diy pallet coasters

Next, apply a coat of your favorite finish and let dry. I'm using boiled linseed oil for my project.

simple diy pallet coasters

simple diy pallet coasters

You now have fully functioning pallet coasters  Enjoy!

simple diy pallet coasters

To see more: http://www.instagram.com/wymerkd