Simple DIY Pallet Coasters

$15

DIY torched pallet wood coasters that can be made in just a few hours with minimal materials. These coasters look great, fit the budget, and are fun to make!

First, you will need a few pieces of pallet wood or similar sized scrap wood. Start by taking apart pallets. I am using enough wood to make 6 coasters. The pallets I am using are a width of 3 1/4". Use your saw to cut each pallet piece to a length 3 1/4". Each piece you have should now resemble a square.

Use a torch to char each side of each piece of wood. Make sure you torch it enough that it turns black, but isn't completely in flames.

Once each piece is torched, use a wire brush to brush off the burnt black part of the wood. Use a dry paint brush or cloth to wipe off any excess dust.

Your pallet pieces should now look something like this:

Next, apply a coat of your favorite stain or finish and let dry. I'm using boiled linseed oil for my project.

You now have fully functioning pallet coasters  Enjoy!

Propane

Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!

To see more: http://www.instagram.com/wymerkd