Simple DIY Pallet Coasters

$15

DIY torched pallet wood coasters that can be made in just a few hours with minimal materials. These coasters look great, fit the budget, and are fun to make!

First, you will need a few pieces of pallet wood or similar sized scrap wood. Start by taking apart pallets. I am using enough wood to make 6 coasters. The pallets I am using are a width of 3 1/4". Use your saw to cut each pallet piece to a length 3 1/4". Each piece you have should now resemble a square.

Use a torch to char each side of each piece of wood. Make sure you torch it enough that it turns black, but isn't completely in flames.

Once each piece is torched, use a wire brush to brush off the burnt black part of the wood. Use a dry paint brush or cloth to wipe off any excess dust.

Your pallet pieces should now look something like this:

Next, apply a coat of your favorite stain or finish and let dry. I'm using boiled linseed oil for my project.

You now have fully functioning pallet coasters  Enjoy!

Propane

30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home

To see more: http://www.instagram.com/wymerkd

• Laura Kuffrey
    Laura Kuffrey

Do you torch them for function or the look?

• Em
      Em

I don't understand why everyone tries to waterproof coasters. The idea is for them to absorb the moisture from the glass. I see people make them with ceramic tile and resin and don't get it. The water runs off of them and runs on to the furniture you are trying to protect.

• Goldbeargirl
    Goldbeargirl

Love the "torched" look! Wonder if you could do an entire table like that??

• RC
      RC

I love this but I would burn down the neighbourhood.

• Brayjo12
    Brayjo12

Using little stick on silicone pads on each corner will help to prevent scratches to your furniture. Love the look of these!

• Shirley stirling
    Shirley stirling

The brush looks like a wire brush, not a paint brush.