DIY Cookie Cutter Rain Chain

The Garden Charmers sent out a challenge to us to make a piece of garden decor from cookie cutters. My first thought was a mobile, but knew that wasn't original. So I made a rain chain.
You'll need some cookie cutters, some chain and wire. You'll also need some pliers - two sets actually to hold each side of the opening in the chain loops.
Secure the cookie cutters to the chain with a loop of wire, twisting the ends together and then tucking them inside the cookie cutter.
Choose how far apart you want your cookie cutters. I used 9 loops, but in retrospect should have put them closer together.
Continue building the chain until you get the desired length - usually 8-10' depending on where you're hanging it.
In order to secure your chain to the gutter, you'll need to get one of these adapters. They can be found anywhere rain chains are sold.
Let the chain puddle into a pot to collect the water or into a pile of small rocks to disperse the water as it runs down.

Heather (New House New Home)

• M

what kind of adapter do you need to attach it to the futter? do you thing you could do this on a mobile home gutter since they ared so small?

• Martha Palmer

How would you attach it to the house if not to a gutter? I'm putting it at a corner where there is no gutter.

• I would use an eye hook to hang it from the bottom of the fascia. Just be sure to put it close to the edge so that it catches the water dripping off the roof.

• Laura Siebrecht

I wonder could I use plastic cookie cutters for this? I have hundreds and never use them.