Mary Insana
Mary Insana
  • Pittsburgh, PA

The "Lincoln" table

I had this cool table with a lip all around the edge that was just screaming out that it wanted something different done to it.
The top of the Lincoln table
The top of the Lincoln table
I decided to to a Penny table. I just used plain old white glue to put the pennies down starting at the outside and working my way in. As I got to the middle the last space was larger than a penny so I put a quarter in the middle. After most of the pennies were glued down I saw that I had a square of shiny pennies and liked the look of it. I wish I would have thought of making alternate squares of shiny and dirty pennies. Oh well next time.
the lincoln table, repurposing upcycling
I used the 2 part pouring epoxy that I bought at a big box store. It can be messy to work with. You have to get the proportions correct or it won't set up and will be sticky. I only used half of each bottle to make this and there is a nice thick coating over the pennies.
After it was cured about a week I painted it with a new Maison Blanche chalk paint color called Coffee Bean. I dry brushed it with bronze and waxed with a dark wax.
This baby is now ready to go to her new home, any takers ?

• Adele DuranGO

Always wanted to try this. Appeals to the cheapskate in me. uh: Value-hunter. This is the world's best bargain when you figure what: about 24 x 24 = $5.76 in copper? I'm following you.

• Mary Insana

Thanks Adele, I'm a bargain hunter and cheapskate too lol. I just claim I'm frugal, sounds more classy than cheapskate hahaha