Easy $50 Round Top Side Table

$50

I love pedestal tables. But the designs for some of them can get pretty complicated. I wanted this table to be pretty and easy enough to build with just Miter Saw cuts. The best part is the material costs. You can build 2 of these for less than $100. I hope you love it as much as I do! You can find the exact dimensions, printable build plans and full tutorial here.

After cutting my pieces on the Miter Saw, I was ready to assemble with wood glue, brad nailer, and Kreg Jig.

You'll build 2 matching X-shaped bases for the top and bottom of the table, using 1"x3" dimensional lumber. Glue and nail 2 boards together and cut 45-degree angles at each end. These will be 16" long.

Finish the X's with 2 boards glued and nailed together with a 45 on one end only.

Then add a third level of 1x3 over those with straight edged ends.

One of the X's will also get 4 feet. The feet have a straight edge on the outside and a 45-degree angle on the inside.

Glue and nail 3 - 1" x 3" board together to create the post for the table. I attached the post to the top and bottom X-bases with glue and pocket holes.

Next, you'll add the 4 - 2x2 pieces around the bottom X-base and decorative 1/2" x 3/4" moulding. 8 pieces of cove moulding were added on the top level of each side of the X-bases (shown in photo below).

Use wood filler on all nail holes and gaps. Let dry, then sand smooth. I always sand down hard corners and edges for a softer, more finished look.

I finished this table with a rustic weathered paint look. The entire base was painted in a cream color. Then I dry brushed a light greyish brown over that with a Chip Brush. I distressed all of the paint off the edges. Then sealed the table with 2 coats of Matte Polycrylic.

One of the lizards snuck into our house to check out the table. :)

Here's a 1-minute look at how I distressed and finished the store bought round top.

That's it. I love these little side tables and that I could build 2 for less than $100. Grab the build plans and see more photos on my site.

13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
Stephanie Abbott

• Joanie
    Joanie

I love your style and work. This turned out so well.......real pretty!!

• Debbie Deshetler
    Debbie Deshetler

WOOOOO, This looks like a professional furniture maker built the table it's gorgeous as far as I'm concerned!! Amazing job!!

Can u tell I LOVE IT? 🤩😍