New Curtains, Cushion Covers and Pillows for Dining Room

947 Views
I'm continuing the dining room transformation by sewing curtains for both the windowseat and for the French doors. I've chosen light complimentary fabric to enhance-frame the windows and doors. The windowseat also received new cushion covers as well as slipcovered pillows.
  • new curtains cushion covers and pillows for dining room, dining room ideas, home decor, reupholster, window treatments
The windowseat in the dining room filled with pillows and framed by the curtain panels in light floral, solid and patterned fabrics
The French doors also received panels that can cover the windows at night or as needed
I chose complimentary floral fabric rather than the contrasting red toile fabric I'd initially intended to use. I like the soft, serene feel of the dining room now.
using pillows that ranged in size from 16 x 16 and 18 x 18 square I sewed slipcovers to accentuate the floral fabric on the curtain panels and used accent fabrics in solid cream and grey and white cross pattern
the fabric on the windowseat cushions has a lovely basketweave pattern
My inspiratons came from both Charles Faudree's decor books and Annie Sloan Chalk Paint books.

Suggested materials for this project:

Kathy R

Ask a Question