Chunky Coffee Table

$100

A friend sent me a picture of a coffee table from a REALLY expensive furniture company. It was about $2,000 so he wondered if I could make it cheaper😂 Of course I could! Here’s what I did for $100.

chunky coffee table

I went to a lumber mill and instead of 6x6s (like the furniture company used) I opted for 8x8s to make more of a statement...and about 300lbs😂

chunky coffee table

I then cut each one to length and dry fit them to see which configuration fit together the best. Once I had them in order, I numbered them.

chunky coffee table

I glued them together like a cutting board and kept the clamps on for two days. For most of the time, it was sitting on level ground. I had it verticle in this picture so my garage would close 🙈🙌🏼

chunky coffee table

I did a bit of sanding, added a watered down gray stain and sanded a bit more. For the base, I just used off-cuts and painted them black. Nice and easy🔨🔨 The finished table is gorgeous, and my friend is quite happy with it! Hope you like it!