Chunky Coffee Table

$100

A friend sent me a picture of a coffee table from a REALLY expensive furniture company. It was about $2,000 so he wondered if I could make it cheaper😂 Of course I could! Here’s what I did for $100.

I went to a lumber mill and instead of 6x6s (like the furniture company used) I opted for 8x8s to make more of a statement...and about 300lbs😂

I then cut each one to length and dry fit them to see which configuration fit together the best. Once I had them in order, I numbered them.

I glued them together like a cutting board and kept the clamps on for two days. For most of the time, it was sitting on level ground. I had it verticle in this picture so my garage would close 🙈🙌🏼

I did a bit of sanding, added a watered down gray stain and sanded a bit more. For the base, I just used off-cuts and painted them black. Nice and easy🔨🔨 The finished table is gorgeous, and my friend is quite happy with it! Hope you like it!

25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels