I did a lot of research when it came to flooring. My number one criteria was that the floor was 100% waterproof. I found the luxury vinyl plank was one of the only types of flooring that was completely waterproof, not just “water resistant.” The other criteria that LVP met for me were as follows:
- Click together, floating floor installation so I could do it myself
- Textured, realistic feel to prevent slips and falls
- Inexpensive (I got ours on sale for only $1.59/sq foot)
- No harsh chemical smell (it didn’t smell at all actually!)
- Durable/scratch resistant
- 100% waterproof (as I already said)
These reasons made LVP the clear choice over other flooring options.