Error loading player:
No playable sources found

Install Luxury Vinyl Plank Floors

$400

Our old laminate floor in our kitchen and dining area was buckling and dented in multiple places. Since I was willing to do the installation myself, the whole floor cost us less than $400 to replace! Today I am going to share with you the knowledge I gained from my DIY luxury vinyl plank installation in a video tutorial.

diy luxury vinyl plank installation

I did a lot of research when it came to flooring. My number one criteria was that the floor was 100% waterproof. I found the luxury vinyl plank was one of the only types of flooring that was completely waterproof, not just “water resistant.” The other criteria that LVP met for me were as follows:

• Click together, floating floor installation so I could do it myself
  • Textured, realistic feel to prevent slips and falls
  • Inexpensive (I got ours on sale for only $1.59/sq foot)
  • No harsh chemical smell (it didn’t smell at all actually!)
  • Durable/scratch resistant
  • 100% waterproof (as I already said)

These reasons made LVP the clear choice over other flooring options.

diy luxury vinyl plank installation

The hardest part was picking out a color. I eventually decided on a gray because my wonderful  overwhelmingly voted that as the color of choice. I love how the new flooring now matches my countertops!

diy luxury vinyl plank installation

I definitely learned a lot during this process. I watched several Youtube videos on how to install a floating floor like a pro and compiled the best practices I came up with. Hopefully I can save you the time watching through several Youtube videos the way I did by offering the most comprehensive guide I can think of. Watch my video tutorial for the whole story.

diy luxury vinyl plank installation

We recently installed LVP floors in another room: our . Come on over to my blog to see that makeover, you won't be disappointed!

• Weathered Grey Tarkett Ingenuity Flooring  (Menards)
  • Metal Square  (Home Improvement Store)
  • Utility knife  (Home Improvement Store)
Melissa Woods

1 comment

Super tutorial and it looks amazing. Great share and great job.