Inspired & Elegant, Antique Demi Table - "Eleanor"

I'm not sure whether or not I've mentioned how incredibly fortunate I am to have such wonderful clients. No Joke. Those who commission furniture to be restored, restore my faith in awesomtabulousific people. This is a long, cute story but I'll make it short . A fella (so sweet) had this piece "revived" for his Mama. (so lucky) It once was at home within his Grandmothers abode. I love generational pieces. And as a mother of 2 sons, my heart melted - into the table :)
inspired elegant antique demi table eleanor, painted furniture
The surface is Burled Mahogany and the balance of the table, Mahogany. Dreamy to work with.
I really wanted the burl to be featured so brought more attention to it by selecting another stain for the lower surface. His Mom's Lake House living room is wide open - exposed wooden beams & a gentle yellow on the walls. I felt the greyish stain I'd concocted would merge nicely in her surroundings. The pipes were my Grandfathers - just kinda thought it fitting. Her legs were painted the darkest of greys and sealed in dark wax, adding depth. Defining (not distressing) brought them to life.
Poor Old Girl. She had seen better days. She was coated in thick, deep brown stain & sealed shut. But I got her open ;)
I played around for a loooong time before I determined the materials, colour & finishes. Though small, the table was multi-faceted, as pieces were back then.
It had a wooden medallion on the front where an additional plate may have been. I opted to "drill & add". The hardware was taken from an old 1970's door and stained in 2 different shades to antiquate it a bit -
As a little surprise for them both, I penned a Mother & Son quote on the bottom of the table. (author unknown)
...cannot wait to meet my client tonight! (fingers crossed ;) )

Tana, Little Red Bag Productions