Reclaimed Door Coffee Table

In search of a unique and affordable coffee table, I decided to build my own using reclaimed materials. My father-in-law found a solid wood door, and my father gave me some salvaged walnut from the neighbor's barn that was torn down. Using only a circular saw and a Kreg Jig, we finished the table in record time. We cut off the ends of the table for the legs at 15" tall, leaving 50" for the top. We measured the width and used scrap furring strips for cleats on the legs, then nailed walnut planks into the cleats. With a quick trim piece of walnut on the lip of the shelf, we were done! Our only cost was in screws and nails. Since then we've found several discarded doors on the curb in our town, and have built door tables for friends! For step-by-step instructions visit my post: http://www.killerbdesigns.com/reclaimed-door-coffee-table/
Salvaged Door Coffee Table
From just a single door and some barnwood, we built a whole new table!
The shelf is made from planed reclaimed walnut barn wood.

Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
Brooke N

• Rachelmary
    Rachelmary

Love it, love it.!

• Ginny
    Ginny

I love it! I really like the door knob being there. If you have the key to it, do a tassel effect without the tassel, having the key dangle over the edge of the door. This could be as decorative or as simplify as you want. Even as simplify as Butcher's twine tied around the knob, a length of four or five inches between the tying of the key.