Reclaimed Door Coffee Table

In search of a unique and affordable coffee table, I decided to build my own using reclaimed materials. My father-in-law found a solid wood door, and my father gave me some salvaged walnut from the neighbor's barn that was torn down. Using only a circular saw and a Kreg Jig, we finished the table in record time. We cut off the ends of the table for the legs at 15" tall, leaving 50" for the top. We measured the width and used scrap furring strips for cleats on the legs, then nailed walnut planks into the cleats. With a quick trim piece of walnut on the lip of the shelf, we were done! Our only cost was in screws and nails. Since then we've found several discarded doors on the curb in our town, and have built door tables for friends! For step-by-step instructions visit my post: http://www.killerbdesigns.com/reclaimed-door-coffee-table/
reclaimed door coffee table, doors, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling, woodworking projects, Salvaged Door Coffee Table
Salvaged Door Coffee Table
reclaimed door coffee table, doors, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling, woodworking projects, From just a single door and some barnwood we built a whole new table
From just a single door and some barnwood, we built a whole new table!
reclaimed door coffee table, doors, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling, woodworking projects, The shelf is made from planed reclaimed walnut barn wood
The shelf is made from planed reclaimed walnut barn wood.
Brooke N

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

2 of 29 comments
Next