Ordinary Coffee Table to Glam Coffee Table

$100

My $5.00 flee market table looks like a million !

I picked up this coffee table for only $5 at the flea market. I decided to give it a new glam look, and now it looks like a million bucks! Check out how I did it-

This is the original table, it was okay, but could use a little TLC. Here we go!

First, we took apart the table top. We laid out some plastic on the floor and placed the frame on it. Then we spray painted the frame with Krylon "Gold Leaf" paint. Then we left it to dry.

Next, was the table top. We sprayed it with 3 coats of black spray paint.

Once the black paint dried, we stenciled the table top with a gold design. We wanted to seal the table top and give it a smooth finish- epoxy!

Then we laid down a coat of epoxy resin and let that sit and dry.

Finished Product! We placed the table top into the frame, and there you have it! It looks so glam and we love it!

22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner

• Vimarhonor

Stunning transformation. Bravo!

How much epoxy resin did it take for this type of coverage? Does the drip over the edges need to be sanded away?

• Vimarhonor

Thank you Jane for the further details, I get quite timid about using new unfamiliar products and techniques. I appreciate your sharing your project and talent here!

• Millies_mom47

LOVE the table, rug's nice too, but I LOVE the table. Where did you get the stencil it looks so Asian. Would also be real awesome in my basement - real Hollywood look. If I could just find a garage sale find like that or even second hand store. BEAUTIFUL!

• Aussie Dyzee

It's actually a Greek key design, not really Asian but a gorgeous makeover.

• Lisa Fauerbach

Beautiful!!