Dollar Store Topiary

$10

Looking for a fun and easy Spring decor item? This is a fun one! I picked up a few items at the dollar store and took them home to create my own DIY topiary.

dollar store topiary

Yep, a wooden mallet! I used this as the base for the topiary.

dollar store topiary

And some other items were used as well! A galvanized bucket, a Styrofoam ball, and some faux moss! You'll also want some hot glue!

dollar store topiary

First step, place the mallet upside down inside the galvanized bucket.

dollar store topiary

Then, use the Styrofoam ball, and shave a space in the ball so that it can fit at the top of the dowel.

dollar store topiary

Then glue the ball to he top of the dowel.

dollar store topiary

Once, the ball is secure, you can begin adhering the moss to the ball.

dollar store topiary

Cover up the whole ball using hot glue.

dollar store topiary
dollar store topiary
dollar store topiary

I then added a burlap ribbon bow, and that's it! How easy is that?

dollar store topiary

I then added some stones into the bucket to weigh it down a bit and to add a natural look!

dollar store topiary

And it's finished! Give it a try yourself. Hope you like it!

• Patricia Skula

The moss u used seems all the same size what one did you use and the company used what one on amazon did you get ? Love the topiary Thanks

• Where did you get the bag of stones?

• John B
      23 minutes ago

Purchase any size bags from Lowe's or Home Depot Hardware stores. You will find the in the nursery department. The selections are solid colored stones or a multi-colored rock selection. (Smooth or rough stones).