The Best Way to Use an Old Trampoline

$0

When my children's trampoline finally broke down I was left with a pile of metal and some very thick trampoline mat. When I was moving the trampoline mat it occurred to me that this thick black fabric could be used replace the fabric in my outdoor chaise lounge chairs. I intended to order expensive outdoor fabric for the chairs for some time, but what better way to kill two birds with one stone.

the best way to use an old trampoline

I took the old fabric out of the sling chaise lounge and used it as a pattern to cut the trampoline mat .

the best way to use an old trampoline

I was able to use my home sewing machine to sew the seams of the trampoline mat. I did use a good quality UV protected thread. This part is very important as regular polyester thread will not last outside.

the best way to use an old trampoline

I sewed and extra wide seam to that it would be strong and less likely to be affected by fraying. I also did a double seam about 1/4" apart from each other, just to be doubly sure it would hold.

the best way to use an old trampoline

After I sewed the side seams I slipped the old spline into the pocket created by the seam(like a rod pocket on a curtain panel). Then I slid the spline and trampoline mat back into the chaise lounge chair.

the best way to use an old trampoline

I used some oil paint by rustoleum to give my chaise loungers a fresh look and just like that, they're ready for another summer on my dock.

Mimzy lombardo

• Debbie

How to fix patio chairs with netting?

Becoming fray on the seating area.

• Connie Etzkin

How did you get the new fabric to go into the slot?

• Mimzy lombardo

There's a channel or track that the spline fits right into. You insert the plastic spline into the pocket you sew into the trampoline mat and then slide the edge(with the spline inside) into the channel/track. I have a video on my blog that Clearly shows the process. Mimzyandcompany.com

Thanks for asking!