Custom Book Stacks

$6

If you're looking for something sweet to use as decor on a bookshelf or table, I have just the project for you! Check it out!

You'll need a few old books,which you can just pick up at the dollar or thrift store. You'll also need some twine, a floral pick, and a letter stamp set.

First remove the cover and back from the books.

Then stack the books in the order you want them. Then lay out the stamps where you'd want to use them. I decided to write out "Our Family" on the top book spine and our family members on each of the other books.

I started with the last letter and worked backwards, so I didn't run out of space by accident!

If I want the letters in the middle I add a piece of cardboard so the will all be the same height.

Stamp away! After you're done stamping you’ll be ready to add the twine and floral pick to finish it off.

That's it! You can use this project for pretty much anything- family names, baby names, anniversary date, song lyrics, quotes, etc!

• Teresa, Wildwood MO

If you can’t say something nice, please be quiet & move on. It’s simply uncalled for to be rude & trash someone’s work. Shelly this is very cute. I can think of several ways I’d like to extra-embellish your great idea for my own personal taste & decor. Thanks for sharing & keep on creating!!

• Shuganne

Teresa, you are so right about quietly moving on. But, why not share your ideas with us, too? Explain what you would change and why. For example, "I love your project! I'd love to try it in my foyer and maybe use a dusty blue rose as the floral embellishment. It would highlight the soft blue wallpaper in there." See? Complimentary and offering your ideas also, so the readers have a second idea to get their creative juices further flowing. Thanks for sticking up for Shelly. And, please share?

• Dorothy Sittler

I concur for bad books! My nephew collects books from the 13th century. He reads this old English to Professors and he has Adsonberger's so this is his forte. Can you imagine if those books were considered passé because of their condition?