Kitchen Composting For Beginners

Why compost? It is simply wonderful for planting a back yard garden! It amends the soil better than anything you can buy. Once a bin is ready, I just take it apart and spread the compost pile right in the same area. The I relocate the bin to another spot in the garden. http://www.chaoticallycreative.com
kitchen composting for beginners, composting, gardening, go green, homesteading

Chaotically Creative Co.

• EvaJoy Irons

I have discovered I have maggots and some other weird looking worm in my composter. I know earth worms are good for the composter but these are not earth worms. What should I do? Empty out composter and start again? Spray it with insert spray? Let it be and the maggots will die out? I'm open for suggestions.

• Annie Smith

Don't ever spray compost. ..First, identify the insects in your compost pile. There are other white larva which are not maggots. Do you have a picture? If they are maggots, what type of food did you put in? Is your compost pile covered? Please answer these questions and I can give you more guidance.

• Sandy Button

I use vinegsr to clean with & wondered if the paper towels soaked with vinegar can be used in composting, also is peat moss a good source for the brown ratio. Thank you

• Annie Smith

The paper towels are fine. ..and so is the peat moss, but remember peat moss is not considered a sustainable reasource, so you may want to use coco coir instead...it comes from discarded coconut shells.