How can I find discontinued furniture?

MaggieLaura MerchantDawn Koshinsky-Ng
+47

After 16 years of wedded bliss, my hubby and I would like to upgrade from a queen to a king size bed. I'm trying to locate a king-size Pulaski bed from the discontinued Somerset Square Collection. Suggestions for locating it or something in a similar finish are welcome!
Pulaski Somerset Square bed
Pulaski Somerset Square bed
  • Donna Byram
    Donna Byram

You might try this website. Don't know anything about it personally, but maybe it can help you. http://www.topix.com/forum/business/furniture/T5AFJAQE3QOPFK94S/p2

• Lori Jackson
    Lori Jackson

Perhaps you could locate a cabinet maker--an old school carpenter, to rebuild the bed, using the original posts?

• Mssmatch
    Mssmatch

Googling works wonders......

• Nikki
      Nikki

...except in this case. Google isn't turning up much. I'm hoping social media will have better results.

• Texasgranny
    Texasgranny

There's a king-sized one in my bedroom! Bought it in 2002 in Houston! Hope you can find one........

• Nikki
      Nikki

That's exactly when I bought mine! If you want to downsize, I'm your girl! Oh, wait, I forgot...everything's bigger in Texas! ;-)

• Liliana Wells
    Liliana Wells

I am assuming you have tried to get in touch with the manufacturer? You may also want to check out eBay. Or post your request on Craigslist or other free publications.

• Nikki
      Nikki

Thanks Liliana. No luck with the manufacturer. I've searched Craigslist, but think of posting a "Wanted" ad. I'll do that as well.

• Mary Beth Carrier
    Mary Beth Carrier

I know someone already suggested a carpenter & that is an option. My parents had their antique walnut bed enlarged & you would never believe it! The company is Parker Woodworks in Lafayette, La Good luck!

• Diane
    Diane

My bedroom furniture was a 40 y/o matching set and my tastes have changed since then! I moved the bed into a spare bedroom and replaced it with an upholstered bed in a beautifully textured neutral linen. It looks great and I didn't have to go through the angst of matching woods and style.

• Hope Williams
    Hope Williams

Have a furniture maker enlarge your bed frame. It's not that expensive and being that is all you need is a bigger bed set, it souls be reasonable. Then you can always tray eBay, Craigslist, and such.

• Nikki
    Nikki

Thanks Hope! I'm going to explore the enlarging option. Never considered that until your and Mary Beth's suggestion.

• Pat Beauregard
    Pat Beauregard

Nikki, I've heard of smallerizing, but never enlarging. Good Luck.

• Darla DeVos'Rodriguez
    Darla DeVos'Rodriguez

I have almost the same bed in a king,, has more embellishments and I have seen tons of them on sites,, I'm just getting ready I live in CA ,, so soon as I can I will send to you!!

• Nikki
    Nikki

After replying to TexasGranny about Texans liking things bigger, I started thinking that there might be a few other Texans that may have purchased a king version of the bed, so I decided to search Craigslist city by city. Guess what? I found one! Waiting to see if the person is willing to separate the set and sell just the bed, then I'll just have to get it to Atlanta! Fingers crossed! Thanks HomeTalkers!

• Linda J
    Linda J

I'm a retired Interior Designer and occasionally I had similar needs. I would call Pulaski and ask them if they have an outlet or know of a vendor who might have one

• Mssmatch
    Mssmatch

Have you contacted pulaskifurnitureoutlet.com and asked there?

• Connie Shurtz
    Connie Shurtz

Try discount furniture in areas of NC Such as Hickory or High Point. There is a big mall type store in HIckory and a MAJOR furniture show in High Point once or twice a year.

• Angela Phillips
    Angela Phillips

We are still looking for Broyhill (Fontana) nightstands! Have checked out North Carolina and they don't have it! Still looking?!

• Nikki
    Nikki

Hey everybody, I found it! And, the best part is I only had to drive two hours away to get it and got to meet and buy it from an amazing family. Thanks to all of you for your suggestions! Time to shop for a new comforter/duvet now! :-)

• Donna Byram
      Donna Byram

@Nikki Now you not only have your King size bed, but have an awesome story to go with it. Wishing more years of wedded bliss.

• Hope Williams
    Hope Williams

Now that's determination! Congratulations girl!

• Linda J
    Linda J

Yea!!!! See what perseverance can do??!! I think finding this furniture was a national project. Glad you found it. Enjoy!

• Nikki
    Nikki

Hope and Linda, determination and perseverance definitely pay off!

• Connie Shurtz
    Connie Shurtz

I would call the company that makes it directly and ask if they had outlets for their discontinued pieces or market pieces. Market samples are shown at the furniture show for sale and if they don't get a lot of orders then they send them to their outlets.

• Texasgranny
    Texasgranny

Glad you had success locating your new bed! Sweet Dreams!

• Eduardo Figueredo
    Eduardo Figueredo

Does anyone have the man's chest for sale for the Pulaski Somerset Square?

• Jennifer
    Jennifer

Hi Nikki I sure wish I would have saw this post earlier. I had the king and sold to downsize to a queen. I am looking for a queen. If you would please share how you came to find your new size. I would greatly appreciate it! I have had this set since 2001 and just love it.

• Sheka
      Sheka

Gosh! Too bad I live in Texas! We could have switched!!! I'm looking for the King also.

• Nikki
    Nikki

Hi Jennifer, I just kept searching on Craigslist (in every state) and eventually happened upon one in Alabama! I ended up selling the queen-size for barely nothing to a woman who was starting over...so another happy ending! Good luck with your search; don't give up!

• Stacy
    Stacy

I am also looking for the same bed... I found one here in Houston for less than $400 at a consignment shop. I was so excited, went to go get it and they sold it 2 hours before I got there. It was still in the shop. Broke my heart! So, I'm still on the hunt.

• Sheka
      Sheka

Hi! May I ask what resale shop you went too? I also live in Houston and I'm looking for the king. I stay on Craigslist, but usually they won't separate the set.

• Sheka
    Sheka

Congrats!!! I have been looking for the same bed. When I do no one wants to sell just the bed!! I love me set but need the king!!!

• April
    April

I am looking for a Broyhill Attic Heirlooms Nightstand. We bought our bedroom set from Bernie & Phyls in Braintree MA in 2010, but unfortunately only bought one nightstand, and we are now searching for the matching one.

• Yelena Bondar
    Yelena Bondar

I'm also searching for a Pulaski bed but the Edwardian king...if anyone has any leads I would greatly appreciate it. I'm in the New York area

• Srohdes
    Srohdes

I have the entire bedroom set with king size bed that I want to sell. Anyone interested.

• Mary
    Mary

Getting ready to sell my California King set - includes two nightstands with granite tops and an armoire. I'm in Sacramento, CA area.

• Pam DeWolfe
    Pam DeWolfe

Pam Hermitage TN I am looking for the queen size Pulaski Somerset Square Bed. I have the rest of the set I bought on Craigslist but, they didn't have the bed. Now that I have seen it, I want it. Anyone know where to find one?p

• Dawn Koshinsky-Ng
    Dawn Koshinsky-Ng

Looking for the Somerset Square Mans Chest. I purchased this bedroom set when I was single. Now that I am newly married I wish I would have purchased the extra piece, especially since the set is now discontinued. Anyone selling?

• Laura Merchant
    Laura Merchant

I am looking for this very same thing in 2017. I know its discontinued but can't find it anywhere, even on resale. I bought the queen set on Craigslist 5 years ago. I'd also go for the night stands which I don't have.
  • Maggie
    Maggie

I bought a four poster bedroom set 27 years ago and at the time they had two options for the endtables to choose from. I chose the smaller ones and now would like to find the larger ones that go with the set Pulaski Virginia bed item number

2 67 3 22196 3-032-8 . Any idea how I would go about finding these?