Valentine Gift Jar That Can Be Used as Decor

$3

Do you make Valentine gifts for your valentine? I usually try and make my honey a treat each Valentine's Day and he loves chocolate, so it normally involves some type of chocolate. This year its Resse's Peanut Butter Hearts. I like them too! :)

valentine gift jar that can be used as decor

I like to make something that can double as decor until love day finally arrives. This is what I came up with this year! So cute!

I always say, use what you have, its cheaper that way! Ha! I grabbed one of my small blue ball jars, some paper doilies, a map from an old book and lots of ribbons and such to decorate it with. Oh, and of course the candy to fill the jar with.

First, I poured the entire bag of candy in the jar. Perfect fit too!

Next I grabbed a paper doily and the map page from and old book I use for crafting. I just folded them down to fit on my jar.

Since this is temporary, I used a bit of scotch tape to hold it all in place on the jar.

The paper doily is tucked behind the map page and the map page is taped to the jar to hold it.

Next I added lots of ribbons and strings around the top. All of it is just tied once to hold it.

Lastly, I made a sweet tag for it. My favorite part is the center heart.

I grabbed another piece of the map that had Texas on it and guess what? It actually had the name of the city we live in on it! I was so surprised! I used my Cuttlebug to cut our all the tag pieces and then Zip Dry Glue to attach it all together.

I'm still impressed this tiny map was so detailed!

I love how it turned out, so adorable!

I just have it sitting on my old Hoosier as decor until love day arrives.

What have you made for Valentine's Day this year?

Here are two more Valentine gift holders I've made in the past:

Valentine Using a Recycled Pirouline Tin 

Valentine Treat Upcycled Starbucks Bottle

Thank you for looking!

DeeDee