How to Easily Decorate and Pretty Up a Photo Frame With Mosaic Glass

$3

A mosaic photo frame is a quick and easy creative project anyone can try and get really lovely results even if its your first attempt.

What you need is PVA glue. I use Uni bond and some assorted pretty glass mosaic tiles. I chose some sparkly ones and some different shaped tiles to add interest colour and texture.

Preparation for photo frame project
Preparation for photo frame project

I begin by putting some pva glue onto the frame I bought from charity shop. I begin at the edge and choosing tile that fits the shape of corner.

Glue glass mosaic tile to frame
Glue glass mosaic tile to frame

Continue adding glass tiles in assorted colours and shapes to create pretty detail. I do not leave any gaps as there is no need to grout this.

Adding mosaic glass tiles in frame
Adding mosaic glass tiles in frame

I Mosaic the edges also with variety of sparkly and varied size and coloured tiles.

Add tiles to edges
Add tiles to edges

Continue to fill up the frame with the gorgeous little gems.

Mosaic glass tiles on frame
Mosaic glass tiles on frame

I’m delighted with the final look. This photo frame is full of character now.

how to Mosaic a photo frame
how to Mosaic a photo frame

To see more: http://www.amazon.co.uk/handmade/Susan-Goode-Designs

• Dianna Holmes

The frame is beautiful! I love the picture in the frame also! Will you share how you made it?

• Susan Goode

Thanks Dianna. The blue picture in the frame is a cut out of a magazine about thoughts and our mental health.

• Robin

You did such a nice job on that frame! I love the picture inside. Any way to find a copy of that?

• Susan Goode

Yes is a lovely piece of art work in the frame and is a cut out of a magazine about thoughts and our mental health. I didn't keep the magazine to get info from

• Leeann

That is a beautiful frame! I thought if small pebbles or rocks painted would work?

• Susan Goode

yes thas a great idea and alsos i have some seashells that could also work. I love the endless possibilities! thanks for inspiring too

• Sandra Allen

I love this. I have other things to put along the edges but might try and get some of these payday!!

• Susan Goode

Thanks for comment and appreciation. It works with glass nuggets and any mix of interesting colours and textures I even remember someone using gold and silver spray painted pasta shapes!

• Linda Premo

Love the frame and that you creatively just chose to mix all colors and a random or no pattern.

You had a great choice of tile pieces. Super cute!!!!