Yard Sale Wicker Rocker Makeover

$15

I picked up a tired-looking wicker rocking chair for $5 at a yard sale. Steal! With a couple coats of spray paint it became a new furniture piece on my covered front porch.
Here's a look at the before and after.
The paint on the chair was worn and chipping, so I gave the whole thing a quick power wash. There were also a few pieces of wicker unraveling. I took some wood glue and a clamp and repaired them. Good as new!
I gave the whole chair two coats of paint/primer in one in a khaki color. It took three cans total to get everything covered really well.
I'm happy with how the piece came out. It matches the trim on our windows and doors really well.
What do you think of the transformation? From start to finish, this project took under 2 hours to complete and cost me less than $15.

Living Rich on Less - Susan

• Karen Salyer Montgomery

How is it holding up? I also have an old wicker set that the paint is coming off want to make sure it holds up. I have 5 pieces it would take a bit longer for me
  • Scottishlassie033

We got 2 old wicker chairs that were thrown out, on the bottom of the legs there is some wicker missing, where can I get wicker to cover the legs.?

• Jex

Thank you for sharing your information, I fixed the chairs up and painted them, I didn’t have room to keep them,so I sold them for $50 dollars.😁

• Sue in wy

Where did you get the 3 cans of paint for under $15? Does it hold up to the weather (of course the covered porch helps!) Beautiful job!!