Making Over a Master Bedroom

$600
6 Weeks

It took us 6 weeks to transform this room into one that we couldn't wait to get to each night. So many times we neglect the room we spend the most time in. Here's how we made over our master bedroom into cozy farmhouse retreat.

making over a master bedroom

Here's how this room looked when we moved in. Stained mauve carpet, dingy lace curtains and cream doors and trim.

making over a master bedroom

First, we installed the hardwood floors. For more details on this tutorial and our trick on how we saved thousands, you can read the original blog post.

making over a master bedroom

On the other side of this wall was an unused half bath fit under the staircase.

making over a master bedroom

We ripped out the tile, had the plumbing capped off and opened the door into the master bedroom.

making over a master bedroom

We swapped the doors and closed up the other wall, creating a new space for a second closet in the bedroom.

making over a master bedroom

We built a bench where the old toilet was, and added hanging space where the sink used to be.

making over a master bedroom

Now we had a his and hers closet!

making over a master bedroom

By adding lighter colors and feminine elements to the old walk-in closet, like a DIY Chandelier, we were able to create a dressing room any lady would love.

making over a master bedroom

The walls were painted a light gray to brighten the room.

making over a master bedroom

We added DIY curtains made from sheets and woven blinds to add to that farmhouse element.

making over a master bedroom

The room allowed space for our Wingback Chair makeover - a perfect reading nook to escape the kids for a quiet moment.

making over a master bedroom

We added a Sliding Barn Door that we built ourselves to create that farmhouse feel.

making over a master bedroom

making over a master bedroom

This was part of a six week challenge, filled with lots of DIYs and details. For links to the main reveal, and all the behind the scenes of how this room was transformed, visit Noting Grace to get more info.

Noting Grace

• Sharron Bennett

Where did you buy the bed? It is beautiful.

• Kathleen Dowling
    14 hours ago

WOW!!!!Are you kidding me....this is sssooooo beautiful!!!! I would stay in bed all day!! This is one of the best transformations I have seen...could you come to Florida and re-do my bedroom? LOVE THIS>>>everything ...WOW!!!

• Pam
    9 hours ago

What is the container hanging from the chain? I love that.

• Noting Grace
      30 minutes ago

It's an old Ball jar with a screw top with mesh. I attached a hook to it to hang.