Loren Rollf
Loren Rollf
  • Fort Worth, TX

Simple Pantry Makeover

$400

I have always admired photos of perfect pantries, where everything is in a basket, and is labeled. Where there are clear containers for baking ingredients and everything is easy to find. I am an uber organized individual, so anything that’s organized and looks aesthetically pleasing is right up my alley.

I recently had the opportunity to make over our pantry, and I can’t even tell you how much I love it!

All

BEFORE
BEFORE
BEFORE
BEFORE

I knew I wanted to do baskets for most of the items, so I started out by writing down which items I would put in a basket, and the size of the basket needed. From there I had an estimate of how many baskets I would need. 

• Pasta - Large
  • Ethnic - Large
  • Soup - Large 
  • Snacks - Medium
  • Popcorn - Small
  • Jerky & Nuts - Medium 
  • CLIF Bars - Small
  • Fig Bars - Small
  • Health - Large
  • Oil & Vinegar - Large
  • Baking and Spices - Large

Baking Goods, Rice & Nuts:

Omnia Food Storage Box Set of 3.

These aren’t overly large containers, but I don’t keep a large stock of baking goods on hand anyway. They are perfect for flour, sugar and nuts.

simple pantry makeover
simple pantry makeover

Tupperware:

InterDesign Linus Open Cabinet Organizer for lids in various sizes. One thing that frustrated me the most about the pantry was the Tupperware lids. I tried to think of different ways to have them accessible, but still nicely organized and where they weren’t just stacked and loose. I got these in three different sizes for our large, medium and small lids and they work perfectly.

simple pantry makeover
simple pantry makeover

Potatoes & Onions:

I had bought this basket years ago from either Target or Michael’s, but I linked a similar one from  The Container Store here. Taupe Stacking Wire Bin Large.

simple pantry makeover

Other:

For most of the items, I chose the Omaha Steel Mesh Stackable Bins in sizes small, medium and large. 

Categories for these were: Pasta, Soup, Snacks, Popcorn, Jerky & Nuts, CLIF Bars, Fig Bars, Health, Oil & Vinegar, Baking and Spices (extra spices and bread crumbs).

simple pantry makeover
simple pantry makeover

Paper Towels:

I had a large basket just sitting around the house, so I decided to use that for paper towels. I believe I bought it at Target years ago. Linked here and here, are two similar ones.

Dog Food:

Iris Gravity Can Feeder.

simple pantry makeover

Ziploc Storage:

Interdesign Affix Adhesive Organizer Bin 11" x 3-3/4" x 6-1/2" h

simple pantry makeover

Labels for Clear Airtight Containers:

Clear Bins – Scalloped Chalkboard Adhesive Labels

Clip Labels for Baskets:

Black Bin Clip Labels, set of 3.

These come with white inserts to write on, or you can use a chalk pen/crayon like I did.

simple pantry makeover
simple pantry makeover

FINISHED PRODUCT:

AFTER
AFTER
AFTER
AFTER
Loren Rollf

• Gina

What did you buy and where from for your sandwich bags on the wall/door. Not sure if it was either. Great idea.

• SnowKnitty

I like this container for plastic wrap and foil. But I prefer using "Command" type hooks for sandwich and freezer bag cartons. All I did was hang a pair of simple command hooks on the inside of my pantry door and puncture matching holes in the back of the paper cartons. That let's you pull a bag from the carton with one hand.

• Ann

Ideas for a window treatment for a 5ft sliding glass door

• Loren Rollf

We’ve always used floor length curtains. Easy to pull back and little cleaning, etc.

• Lisa Sinclair

It looks so much cleaner, and I'm sure it's easier to keep track of things, now. This has nothing to do with the organization, but do you k ow you shouldn't store potatoes and onions together? They will rot faster, if stored together.

• Loren Rollf

Haha I have actually received quite a few responses about that and I will be moving them! Thank you!

• Kathy Yobe
    Yesterday

The organization looks great and makes everything so much easier to find. There’s just one thing I would like to comment on and that is this, I do not see one piece of TUPPERWARE in this closet. I could be wrong, but what I see are plastic storage containers and as wonderful as they are they are not TUPPERWARE.

Doesn’t change the great organization idea and it’s just a product, but being a former dealer, they are not the same. You aren’t the only person referring to the storage products incorrectly.

Thank you for sharing your great organization ideas. My container comment is not a rant just a comment.

• Kathleen Dowling
    30 minutes ago

So petty!!!!