Behold the JD-smoker! A Huge BBQ Smoker Out of 2 Barrels

2 materials
$150
2 Weeks

Hi Hometalk! I decided to make my own custom BBQ smoker. I used 280L/80Galon, 2 adjustable intakes, 2 adjustable outflows and 1 real exhaust from Yamaha Virago  :-)

What's awesome about this project is that it is all made from junk I had. My goal is to gain some more DIY experience and practice my welding on thin metal. Think of this post as my beta test, so stay tuned for the next version!

Here's a photo of the freshly purchased barrels.

The first thing I did was, yep- set them on fire! Burn baby burn. This way, I would burn all of the chemicals & paint away.

Here they are, all burnt up and ready to go.

I cleaned them up, and stacked them right up on each other.

This is a photo of connecting the barrel & half ;)

I added a useful rod to hold the BBQ tools.

And picked up some Webber plates that fit perfectly!

Remember I mentioned the real exhaust from Yamaha Virago? Well, lets cut this off, this one won't ride for long....

Cleaned up and ready!

Aluminium turned handles

I spray painted the outside of the barrel a new black.

Added in some nice features like this counter space to hold tools.

It's looking good!

Client's feedback :))

Questions on this post

3 of 12 questions

Comments

11 of 86 comments
Next