Transforming Vintage Benches With Scandinavian Inspired Stencils

$10

Stencils are definitely making a big comeback and what better way to put some whimsical Scandinavian inspired ones to use then to upcycle some dirty and worn vintage benches!

I have had these vintage benches in my stash of things for some time after picking them up two years ago here on this shopping trip. They have just been begging for a makeover and were quite the site.

When I received these beautiful stencils in the mail I knew exactly what project they were meant for! I have always loved Scandinavian style (not to mention birds) so these whimsical stencils where perfection

Here is how to transform your own vintage pieces into Scandinavian inspired beauties...

To start, give your piece two coats of Fusion Mineral Paint in Limestone.

With all of the beautiful elements in both of these stencils, using multiple colours will only help to accentuate their designs. When using multiple colours, they need to be layered on. The process is the same no matter which stencil is used.

To get a beautiful Scandinavian look, layer the colours starting with Fusion Mineral Paint in Midnight Blue, then Butter Cream and finally Little Whale. Prairie Sunset can be used to darken up the yellow and add highlights at the end.

Be sure to leave lots of drying time between each colour so at to not smudge the paint when moving around the stencil.

Repeat each stencil as many times as needed.

Using beautifully designed stencils gives you the flexibility to move them around and create a pattern that fits your piece to perfection.

For additional detailed directions, where the colour inspiration came from and more process pictures, pop over to the original Recreated Designs post here....

Recreated Designs

• Karen mehta

Love it great job and want to do. Why that type of paint?

• Recreated Designs

I used Fusion Mineral Paint for this Project. I believe Hometalk has it linked above but you can get it from local stockists. You can also use just about any type of paint for a stencil project.

• Becky

Where do you find pretty stencils?

• Recreated Designs

These one unfortunately are only available in Europe currently. If you are in the US I would try Hobby Lobby, Michaels or Amazon. There are lots of really pretty stencils out there. There are also some stencil companies on line like Stencil Revolution that have great stencils too.