Richard N
Richard N
  • Amherst, MA

Using Cedar siding for a pictorial mural

I'm a handyman carpenter and over the years I have done a lot of restoration work on houses and occasionally furniture. I've done a little bit of everything. That includes siding in it's various forms. But until tackling 'the giant', they've always been straight jobs.
This is my own house, and I took my time to build the giant. I started in the fall of 2011 and any I'd add to it time I had free and it was
The Giant at the Back Door with siding sampler
This is the before picture. The door you see at the top of the stairs is actually a window that opens at the top works like a dutch door, with the bottom permanently fastened. The space to the right awaits my next design this fall.
Richard N

• Richard N

Hi Andre, I would imagine in theory, that a contractor familiar with cedar shingling, could do something. Not sure how they would know to price it, unless they've done it before. For that matter, I wouldn't know what to charge, but then again, I only do it for my own amusement. Best of luck. Let me know if you figure something out.

• Eroque022810

Awesome!